INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, August 19, 2023

V.N.GIRITHARAN

 A POEM BY

V.N.GIRITHARAN

Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




Hei you, the Stallion-Stealers!

Here is a message for you.
I am a caretaker of horses.
Not a trader.
A genuine, straightforward caretaker.
I have so many sturdy stallions with me.
Indeed all of them are real good.
They are not lame ones.
I have great affection for
all the horses in my possession
I treat them with no discrimination.
I am not one rearing or selling crippled horses
Still – Hei you, the Stallion-Stealers!
You’ve become more troublesome.
Hei you, the Stallion-Stealers!
You have great expertise in stealthily jumbling
the stolen stallions, into the herd .
The horses that you’ve stolen from me
or out to steal from me
are not at all crippled.
They are real good ones;
strong and sturdy also.
But they’re real frenzied ones
which won’t falter but fight to the finish.

குதிரைத் திருடர்களே! உங்களுக்கொரு செய்தி.
நானொரு குதிரை வளர்ப்பாளன்.
வியாபாரியல்லன்.
நாணயமான குதிரை வளர்ப்பாளன்..
என்னிடம் நல்ல குதிரைகள் பல உள்ளன.
இருப்பவை அனைத்துமே நல்லவைதாம்.
ஆனால் அவை நொண்டிக்குதிரைகளல்ல.
என்னிடமுள்ள குதிரைகள் அனைத்துமே
என் பிரியத்துக்குரியவை.
அவற்றில் வேறுபாடு நான் பார்பபதில்லை.
நான் நொண்டிக்குதிரைகளை வளர்ப்பவனோ,
விற்பவனோ அல்லன்.
இருந்தும் குதிரைத் திருடர்களே!
உங்களின் தொல்லை
அதிகமாகிவிட்டது.
குதிரைத் திருடர்களே! கவனம்.
திருடிய குதிரைகளை வெகு சாமர்த்தியமாக
உங்கள் மந்தையில் கலந்து
விடுவதில் பலே கில்லாடிகள் நீங்கள்.
என்னிடம் நீங்கள் திருடிய அல்லது
திருடப் போகும் குதிரைகள்
நிச்சயம் நொண்டிக்குதிரைகளல்ல.
ஆனால் அவை நல்லவை.
வல்லவையும் கூடத்தான்.
ஆனால் அவை முரட்டுக் குதிரைகள்.
முட்டி மோதவும் தயங்காத
முரட்டுக் குதிரைகள்.
வ.ந.கிரிதரன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE