INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, August 19, 2023

RAMESH PREDAN

 A POEM BY

RAMESH PREDAN

Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


IN PRAPANJAN’S CITY
I saw
Prapanjan’s abode
in a dead-end cross street
in the French province of the city
untrodden by Prapanjan’s feet,
and him standing in the terrace
smoking
glancing at the street every now and then
expecting someone _
while wading through the street in my dream
Seeing me he waved at me
Saying that he was waiting for me only
he called me to come upstairs.
I went.
I was astonished.
But not showing it
asked I hesitantly
“How come you are here in this street?"
Inhaling the smoke
he glanced at the street Once again.
“How come you are in this street
which I had kept hidden from you?” asked I
"Till you go out of my dream
you cannot conceal anything from me”, said he.
Receiving a cigarette and lighting it
I returned to the street.
to go past Prapanjan’s dream
inside my dream.

பிரபஞ்சனின் நகரத்தில்
-------------------------------------
பிரபஞ்சனின் கால்படாத
புதுச்சேரியின் பிரெஞ்சு நகரப்பகுதியின்
குருடாக முடியும் குறுக்குத் தெருவொன்றில்
பிரபஞ்சனின் வீடு இருப்பதையும்
மொட்டை மாடியில் அவர் புகைத்தபடி
யாருக்காகவோ தெருவை அடிக்கடி பார்த்தவாறு
காத்திருப்பதையும்
அந்தத் தெருவழியாகச் சென்றபோது
என் கனவில் கண்டேன்
என்னைக் கண்டதும் கையசைத்தார்
எனக்காகத்தான் காத்திருப்பதாக
மாடிக்கு அழைத்தார்
மேலே போனேன்
எனக்கு ஒரே ஆச்சரியம்
அதை வெளிக்காட்டிக்கொள்ளாமல்
இந்தத் தெருவில் நீங்கள் எப்படி என்று இழுத்தேன்
அவர் புகையை உறிஞ்சியபடி
மீண்டும் தெருவைப் பார்த்தார்
உங்களிடமிருந்து நான் மறைத்து வைத்தத் தெருவில்
நீங்கள் எப்படி என்றேன்
என் கனவிருந்து நீங்கள் வெளியேறும்வரை
என்னிடம் எதையுமே மறைக்க முடியாது என்றார்
ஒரு சிகரட்டை வாங்கிப் பற்றவைத்தபடி
மீண்டும் தெருவுக்கு வந்தேன்
என் கனவுக்குள்ளிருக்கும்
பிரபஞ்சனின் கனவைக் கடந்துவிட

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024