INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

THEEPIKA THEEPA'S POEMS(2)

 TWO POEMS BY 

THEEPIKA 

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


(1)

You know not
the immense pain of my enacting.

When you gift me the decorated words of
downright lies
woven by heart so dark
to face that moment
with the gullible smile of a simpleton
any and all Zen bearing
proves p
athetically futile for me.


நீயறியாதது
என் நடிப்பின் பெருவலி.
கறுப்பு மனசால் நெய்த
உன் பச்சைப் பொய்களின்
அலங்கரிக்கப்பட்ட சொற்களை
நீயெனக்குப் பரிசளிக்கிற தருணம்
ஒர் அப்பாவியாய் புன்னகைத்து முடிக்க
எனக்குப் போதவேயில்லை.
எந்த ஜென் நிலைகளும்.

--- தீபிகா ---


2.THE SEED
I had a fruit;
They plucked it and relished.
I had a flower;
They pulled it and thrown it away.
I had a branch;
They broke it.
I had a tree
They felled it;
I had a seed.
I have brought it with me.
Now I have everything.

Theepika Theepa


விதை
---------
என்னிடமொரு பழமிருந்தது.
அதையவர்கள் பறித்துச் சுவைத்தார்கள்.
என்னிடமொரு பூவிருந்தது.
அதையவர்கள் பிடுங்கியெறிந்தார்கள்.
என்னிடமொரு கிளையிருந்தது.
அதையவர்கள் முறித்துப்போட்டார்கள்.
என்னிடமொரு மரமிருந்தது.
அதையவர்கள் வெட்டிச்சாய்த்தார்கள்.
என்னிடமொரு விதையிருந்தது.
நானதை எடுத்து வந்திருக்கிறேன்.
இப்போதென்னிடம் எல்லாமிருக்கிறது.
---xxx---
தீபிகா

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE