INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

RANI THILAK’S POEM

 A POEM BY 

RANI THILAK


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

AERIAL WALK

Whenever I go

from home to office
from home to vegetable market
from home to hospital
from home to holy shrines
viewing the flight of stairs sans railings
floating in the sky
I would go past.
When I begin counting how many steps
it would increase from seven to eight
and eight to nine.
Nowadays
I never count the stairs.
Whenever I climb down
from my abode in the first floor
to the ground floor
I begin descending from the sky
and keep strolling along the sky itself.


அந்தரநடை

வீட்டிலிருந்துஅலுவலகத்திற்கு

வீட்டிலிருந்துகாய்கறிச்சந்தைக்கு
வீட்டிலிருந்துமருத்துமனைக்கு
வீட்டிலிருந்துபுனிதகோயில்களுக்கு
செல்லும்போதெல்லாம்
கைப்பிடிகள்
ஏதுமற்ற
படிக்கட்டுகள்
வானில்மிதப்பதை
பார்த்தபடியேகடந்துவிடுவேன்..
எத்தனைப்படிக்கட்டுகள்
என்றுஎண்ணத்தொடங்கும்போது
ஏழிலிருந்துஎட்டிற்கும்
எட்டிலிருந்துஒன்பதிற்கும்வளர்ந்துவிடும்.
இப்போதெல்லாம்
படிக்கட்டுகளைஎண்ணுவதேஇல்லை.
முதல்தளத்தில்இருக்கும்
என்வீட்டிலிருந்து
தரைதளத்திற்குஇறங்கும்போதெல்லாம்
வானிலிருந்து
இறங்கத்தொடங்கி
வானிலேயேநடந்துகொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.

ராணி திலக்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE