INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

ATHMAJIV'S POEM

 A POEM BY 

ATHMAJIV


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


ONGOING CONVERSATION


There would always be some

around me

Just as me
My room is also all by itself.

Beside me
unread or
To be read sometime
A few books sheets
note and pen
above all, a torch light

Till I sleep
I would just be closing my eyes
running through my breath.

I believe in no ideas.

Sometimes some friends would come
I would converse with them
internally.

Dont ask the names of friends
Our dialogues are not based on names.

Their languages also
not the same
We don’t comprehend
communicating through language.

The segments of Time
we keep no count of
They are created for
structural frames.

My friends gathering
when darkness sets in
arrive with light in their hands.

Casting aside languages
we converse

This is not something to comprehend.
When the meetings of emotions end

Outside alone
Darkness would remain.


ஆத்மாஜீவ் ஆத்மா

உரையாடல் தொடர்கிறது

என்னைச் சுற்றி எப்பொழுதும்
சிலர் இருந்து கொண்டே இருப்பார்கள்
என்னைப் போலவேதான்
என் அறையும் தனியானது
என் அருகில்
வாசிக்கப்படாத அல்லது
எப்பொழுதாவது வாசிப்பதற்காக
சில புத்தகங்கள் காகிதங்கள்
நோட் மற்றும் பேனா
முக்கியமாக ஒரு டார்ச்லைட்
உறங்கும் வரையிலும் வெறுமனே
கண்களை மூடி சுவாசத்தினூடே
ஓடிக் கொண்டிருப்பேன்
எந்த சிந்தனைகள் மீதும்
நம்பிக்கை இல்லை
சில நேரங்களில் மட்டும்
சில நண்பர்களின் வருகை பதிவாகும்
அவர்களுடன் உரையாடுவேன்
மானசீகமாக
நண்பர்களின் பெயர்களை கேட்காதீர்கள்
ஏனெனில்
நாங்கள் பெயர்களை வைத்து
பேசிக் கொள்வதில்லை
அவர்களின் பாஷைகளும்
வேறுவேறுதான்
மொழிகளினூடே நாங்கள்
புரிந்து கொள்வதுமில்லை
காலநேரங்களும்
கணக்கில் கொள்வதில்லை
அது
சட்டகங்களுக்காக உருவாக்கப்பட்டது
இருள் கவியும்பொழுது
என் அறையில் கூடும் நண்பர்கள்
வெளிச்சத்தை ஏந்தி வருகிறார்கள்
நாங்கள் மொழிகளைப் புறம் தள்ளி
உரையாடிக் கொள்கிறோம்
புரிதலுக்கான சங்கதிகள் இல்லையிது
உணர்வுக் கூட்டங்கள் முடியும்பொழுது
வெளியே மட்டும்தான்
இருள் கவிழ்ந்திருக்கும்

- ஆத்மாஜீவ்





No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE