INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

SAFNAS HASIM'S POEM

 A POEM BY 

SAFNAS HASIM

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



After the last well

and the final cluster of cactus-mass
of the Mainland dried up
growing all too thirsty I go around
wailing.

In my two- inch pen ink
dissolved in the sand caved in _
as bubbles
I have secretly stored my
unrealized aspirations.

When the wind seized my words
as sand-storm raging within
when I used the pages of my poetry-note
in order to stop the bleeding
from my nostrils
and all other holes
my passion became scalded.
In the wake of bloody grime
my writings wailed uncontrollably.

In days when my writings dried up
there would be the
torrential downpour of fire
all over the colossal wasteland…
In conceit sands would’ve been
thoroughly charred.


Safnas Hasim

பெருநிலத்தின்
கடைசிக்கிணறும்
கள்ளிப்பாளங்களும்
காய்ந்து போனபின்
தாகம் எடுத்து கத்தி திரிகிறேன்...
மூடிய மணலில்
கரைந்து போன
இரண்டு அங்குல
பேனா மையில்
குமிழிகளாய்
என் நிறைவேறாத
எண்ணங்களை பதுக்கி
வைத்திருக்கிறேன்..
எனக்குள்
புழுதிப் புயல்
உண்டாகியதாக
சொற்களை காற்று அபகரித்த போது
மூக்கினின்றும்
ஏனைய துவாரங்களிலிருந்தும்
பெருக்கெடுக்கும்
ரத்தக்கசிவுக்கு
என் கவிதை நோட்டுத்தாள்களை
அடைவைத்த போது
என் மையல்
தகித்துப் போனது..
குருதிக்கசடுக்கு
பின்னால் என் எழுத்துக்கள்
கதறியழுதன...
என் எழுத்துக்கள் வரண்ட நாட்களில்
பாலைப்பெருநிலத்தில்
நெருப்பு மழை பெய்திருக்கும்..
கர்வத்தில் மணலெல்லாம் எரிந்திருக்கும்...


சப்னாஸ் ஹாசிம்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE