INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

MALINI MALA'S POEMS(2)

TWO POEMS BY 

MALINI MALA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



(1)

What is Life asked she

I looked at the sky.
How to live asked she
I looked at the wings.
Swaying them softly
step by step learning to be unruffled
pushing herself when she rose
‘Grow thorns in your feathers
Also learn how to fan it
with the mettle of porcupine
said I.
‘Don’t slip and fall
Be careful’
I who uttered not these words
even by mistake
remained standing there
on earth
with the scar of realizing
the spirit of downbeat drive
eyeing the sky.

My wings
were drooping downward
sideways.


Malini Mala

வாழ்க்கை
எப்படியானது என்றாள்
வானத்தைப் பார்த்தேன்
வாழ்தல்
எப்படி என்றாள்
இறக்கைகளைப் பார்த்தேன்.
சின்னதாய் அசைத்து
மெது மெதுவாய் நிதானம் கற்று
உந்தி எழுந்தவளிடம்
இறகுகளில்
முள் வளர்த்துக் கொள்
வேண்டிய போது
முள்ளம் பன்றிகளின் வீரியத்துடன்
விசிறவும் கற்றுக்கொள்
என்றேன்.
விழுந்து விடாதே கவனம்
என்ற வார்த்தையை
மட்டும்
மறந்தும் ஒப்பிக்காத நான்
எதிர்மறைத் தூண்டலின்
வீரியமுணர்ந்த வடுவுடன்
பூமியில் நின்று
வானத்தை அண்ணாந்து பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருந்தேன்.
.
என் இறக்கைகள்
பக்கவாட்டில்
கீழ் நோக்கித் தொங்கிக்கொண்டிருந்தன.


(2)

‘Of all the days that you have waded

 through

which is the best’, she asked.

The day of my resurrection

- the day you were born

My ‘Kannammaa’ said I
.
To her who kissed me and smiled

‘Show your face.

Let’s give the blossoms of smile

as gift to the world, said I.

With sparkles of mischief

turning her face

she smiled to the tree, Oh my!


Malini Mala


நீ கடந்த

நாட்களில் எது

சிறந்த நாள் என்றாள்,

நான் மீண்டுயிர்த்த

நீ பிறந்த திருநாள் தானடி

என் கண்ணம்மா என்றேன்.

முத்தமிட்டுச் சிரித்தவளை

முகம் காட்டு

பூக்களின் புன்னகையை

பூமிக்குப்பரிசளிக்கலாம்

என்றேன்

குறும்புதிர முகம்திருப்பி

மரம் பார்த்துப் புன்னகைத்தாள்.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE