INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR'S POEMS(2)

 TWO POEMS BY 

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


1.IN ALL I AM A DOLL

I am a toy for your enjoyment
You hugged me in all love, kissed me and
made me happy

Adorning me day after day
You attuned me to your taste.

How long I am to lie
cuddled in your lap
as your darling child

I enter into the form
befitting Time.

For making me dance to their tune
They picked me up.
I became their pet.

How can I cast aside
life luxurious
and allow me to be
a slave of yours.


Marimuthu Sivakumar


பொம்மை நான்
உங்களை மகிழ்விக்கும்
பொம்மை நான்
என்னை உச்சி மோர்ந்து
மகிழ்வித்தீர்கள்
தினமும் அலங்கரிக்கப்பட்டு
உங்கள் ரசனைக்கு
பாத்திரமாக்கினீர்கள்
நான் உங்கள்
செல்ல பிள்ளையாய்
எத்தனை காலம்
மடியில் புரள்வது..
காலத்திற்கேற்ற
வடிவத்துள் நுழைகிறேன்..
நூல் கொண்டு
ஆட்டுவிக்க
அவர்கள் என்னையும்
கையிலெடுத்தனர்
நான் அவர்களின் செல்லமானேன்
எப்படி
சொகுசு வாழ்வை புறந்தள்ளி
உங்கள் அடிமையாவேன்...?
~~~~~~~~~

மாரிமுத்து சிவகுமார்



2. ANOTHER BATTLE


You are one half of my heart

Please believe me

I won’t be living out of your hard work.

Please understand my love.

Through my windows

I observe your hazards

Please share my proximity.

The meanings of the cost of your sweat

I would make mine

Grow strong with me.

I would have mutual understanding

flourish in the land

Please rise with no fear, my friend.


All these are not some

Neo-electoral manifestos.

Trust me, won't you...


இன்னொரு சமர்.
...........................

என் இருதயத்தின்

சரிபாதி நீங்கள்

என்னை நம்புங்கள்.

உங்கள் உழைப்பில்

நான் வாழ்வதாயில்லை..

என் நேசிப்பை

உணருங்கள்.

எனது யன்னல்கள்

ஊடே

உங்கள் இன்னல்களை

அவதானிக்கிறேன்..

என் நெருக்கத்தை.

பகிருங்கள்.

உங்கள் வியர்வையின்

விலைக்கு அர்த்தங்களை

எனதாக்குவேன்

என்னுடன் பலமாகுங்கள்.


தேசத்துள் புரிந்துணர்வை

புணரச்செய்வேன்

பயமின்றி எழுந்திடுங்கள்.

இத்தனையும்

புதிய

அரசியல் விஞ்ஞாபனம் அல்ல

என்னை நம்புங்கள்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE