INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, May 28, 2020

MOHAMED ATHEEK SOLAIKILI'S POEMS

TWO POEMS BY 
MOHAMED ATHEEK SOLAIKILI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

(*Songs of Another Traveller – 36)

1. LITTLE BOYS
I thank her who has asked for a poem of mine
to be her possession
If poem is my shirt I can remove it and
give it to her for keepsake.
If poetry is a vehicle that takes me around
It’s alright, I will go on foot, have it’
_ so I would say and hand it over.
But my backbone is poetry
How to bequeath it to you
It is from the fitness of my poetry that
I face many battles
Even now I am fighting an ailment
Inside the four walls of my tenement
Why do you need spines two
One for spreading the clothes you disrobe
and drying them?
I respect your love
The way you are attached to my poems
My poetry has become the milk
brimming within your bust
Even then, how can you pour a little of it
in a container
and giving it to me
cautioning me to take it safe and make it into curd.
Poetry is my own exclusive flower
If I were to dig it out and offer
this beetle would require two fingers for that.
But beetles don’t have any
Have you ever seen beetles with fingers
Though poem is created by me and
travel all over the world
You had seen that
concealed in it I too wander around
Is it fair to tear my veil and offer it
to all
Hidden deep down inside me
is poetry
and vice versa
We are playing the game of hiding
human inside human
After all we are little boys; children.

(*ஒரு கவிஞருக்கும் அவருடைய கவிதைக்கும் இடையேயான உறவை அடர்செறிவாக எடுத்துரைக் கும் கவிதை இது! - லதா ராமகிருஷ்ணன்)


Mohamed Atheek - Solaikili
April 4 •
இன்னொரு பயணியின் பாடல்கள் –36
=====================================
சிறுவர்கள்
==============
எனது கவிதையை சொந்தமாய் கேட்டவளுக்கு
நன்றிகள்
கவிதை எனது சட்டையென்றால்
சரி வைத்துக்கொள் என்று
கழற்றித் தரலாம்
கவிதை நான் ஓடும் வாகனமாக இருந்தால்
நான் நடந்தாவது காலம் கழிக்கிறேன்
பிடி என்று கொண்டு தருவேன்
எனது முள்ளந்தண்டு கவிதைதான்
அதை எப்படி உனக்குத் தருவது
என் கவிதையின் ஆரோக்கியத்திலிருந்துதான்
நான் பல போர்களை எதிர்கொள்கிறேன்
இப்போதும் ஒரு நோயுடன்
வீட்டுக்குள் இருந்து போராடுகிறேன்
உனக்கெதற்கு இரண்டு முள்ளந்தண்டுகள்
ஒன்றில் உனது உடுப்புகளை
கழற்றிப் போட்டுக் காயவைக்கவா
உனது அன்பை மதிக்கிறேன்
எனது கவிதையில் நீ வைத்திருக்கும்
பற்றை
பக்தியை மதிக்கிறேன்
எனது கவிதை உனக்கு
நெஞ்சுக்குள் நிற்கும் பாலாகிவிட்டது
இதற்காக
கொஞ்சமாகவேனும்
ஊற்றி ஒரு பாத்திரத்தில்
ஒழுகக்கூடாது
பத்திரம் வந்து
எடுத்துப் போய்
தயிராக்கு என்று
தரலாமா
கவிதை எனக்கான மலர்
அதனை நோண்டி நான் தருவதென்றால்
இந்த வண்டுக்கு
விரல்கள் வேண்டும்
விரல் இல்லையே வண்டுகளுக்கு
எந்த வண்டுக்காவது
விரல் இருந்ததைக் கண்டாயா
கவிதை என்னால் படைக்கப்பட்டு
ஊர் உலகத்தில் திரிந்தாலும்
அப்போதே நீயும் அதைக் கண்டிருக்கிறாய்
கவிதைக்குள் மறைந்து
நானும் உலாத்துகிறேன்
எனது திரையை நான் கிழித்து
ஊருக்கு வழங்கலாமா
எனக்குள் மறைந்திருக்கிறது கவிதை
கவிதைக்குள் மறைந்திருக்கிறேன் நான்
நாங்கள் ஆளுக்குள் ஆள் ஒளித்து விளையாடுபவர்கள்
சிறுவர்கள்
04.04.2020 ------------------------------------


2. THE STREAM OF YOUR HEART

(*From the series Songs of Another Traveller -53)








If you adorn your head
with a pristine -stream -like poem
Flowers would bloom
If you have in the morn
a pristine-stream- like poem
You can bathe blissfully
If you manage to grasp in your hold
a pristine - stream -like poem
you can see my heart
If you make your own
a pristine-stream-like poem
you can relish the wind and the birds
that visit there.
From my poems you choose a pristine-stream and take it.
Avoid selecting an obscure one
and standing there as a trapped stork
Choosing a many-layered one
and saying that they are like noose
strangling the throat
_ I don’t approve of that.
How to choose pristine-stream like poems
I won’t enunciate.
You are the one to figure out
the poem of your heart’s content.
Is this pit
or abyss
If waded through, can well access _
All such aspects.
Poem that can a cradle be
for even a thumb-sucking child
would never dissolve in its urine, you see.

இன்னொரு பயணியின் பாடல்கள் –53

நீ விரும்பும் நீரோடை
-------------------------------------------
தெளிந்த நீரோடைபோன்ற கவிதையை
நீ தலையில் வைத்தால்
பூப்பூக்கும்
தெளிந்த நீரோடைபோன்ற
கவிதையை
நீ காலையில் எடுத்துக்கொண்டால்
ஆனந்தமாக
குளிக்கலாம்
தெளிந்த நீரோடைபோன்ற கவிதையை
நீ கைவசப்படுத்தினால்
எனது உள்ளத்தைப் பார்க்கலாம்
தெளிந்த நீரோடைபோன்ற
ஒரு கவிதையை
உனக்கு நீ சொந்தமாக்கினால்
அங்கு வரும் பறவைகளையும்
காற்றையும்
ரசிக்கலாம்
நீ எனது கவிதைகளுக்குள்
ஒரு தெளிந்த நீரோடையைப் பார்த்து
எடுத்துக்கொள்
சிக்கலானதை எடுத்து
கண்ணியில் பட்ட கொக்குமாதிரி
நீ நிற்பதை தவிர்த்துக்கொள்
சிக்கான கவிதையை எடுத்து
இது தொண்டையை இறுக்கும் கயிறுபோல
என்று நீ சொல்வதை
விரும்பமாட்டேன்
தெளிந்த நீரோடைபோன்ற கவிதைகளை
தெரிவது எப்படி என்றுமட்டும்
சொல்லமாட்டேன்
உனக்குத்தான் விளங்கவேண்டும்
நீ விரும்பும் நீரோடை
இது பள்ளமா
படுகுழியா
கால் வைத்தால் எடுக்கலாமா
என்பதெல்லாம்
விரல் சூப்பும் பிள்ளைக்கும்
தொட்டிலாகும் கவிதை
பிள்ளையின் சிறுநீரில்
கரையாது
22.05.2020 ---
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE