INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, May 9, 2020

KUGAI MA.PUGAZHENDHI's POEMS



TWO POEMS BY KUGAI MA.PUGAZHENDHI
Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
(1)
Why is it that I have fervently kept myself
as a recluse
Why is it that the crowd jostling and jam-packed
has never been to my liking?
Crowd means
Fans or party-cadres or devotees – right?
I have no leader
Nor god
When this being the case
How can I be a crowd-puller?
Yes I have nothing, I accept
Can’t those having nothing live here?
But, who have everything
What are they who have everything
doing now?
They are still seeking something
Suffice what I have - so I be
But they refuse to let me free
The earth revolves now in abject scarcity
as I see!

குகை மா.புகழேந்தி

என்னை ஏன்
எப்பொழுதும் தனியனாகவே
வைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
துறுத்திக்கொண்டு திணறும் நெரிசல்
ஏன் எப்பொழுதும் பிடிக்காமலே போனது எனக்கு
கூட்டமெனில்
ரசிகர்களோ,தொண்டர்களோ
அல்லது பக்தர்களோதானே...
எனக்கு தலைவனுமில்லை
நடிகனுமில்லை
கடவுளுமில்லை
பின்னெப்படி
கூட்டம் பிடிப்பவனாய்
இருக்க முடியும் நான்.
எதுவுமற்றவன்தான் ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறேன்
எதுவுமற்றவர்கள் இங்கே
வாழவே முடியாதா
எனில் எல்லாம் இருப்பவர்கள் யார்
எல்லாம் இருப்பவர்கள்
இப்போது என்ன செய்துகொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்
இன்னும் எதையோ தேடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்
போதுமென்று இருக்கிறேன் நான்
என்னை விடமாட்டேன் என்கிறார்கள்
போதாமையில் சுழல்கிறது பூமி இப்போது.


(2)
I have a star in my possession.
My dreams safeguard it from getting smashed
along the main roads.
Further
I do not offer it as food to the dark
and to night that cries in pain
unleashed.
Yet
Its glow becomes the heart of
those poems exclusively for me
ever so persistently.

குகை மா.புகழேந்தி

என்னிடம்
ஒரு நட்சத்திரம்
அகப்பட்டிருக்கிறது
அதன் ஒளியை
பகல்களின் பிரதான சாலைகளில்
நசுங்க விடுவதில்லை
என் கனவுகள்.
மேலும்
இருளுக்கும்
வலிகள் பீறிட்டு வழியும்
இரவுக்கும்
அதை உண்ணத் தருவதுமில்லை
ஆயினும் அதன் ஒளி
எனக்கான கவிதைகளின்
இதயமாகிவிடுகிறது
பிடிவாதமாய்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE