INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, May 9, 2020

SUNDAR NITHORSON'S POEM

A POEM BY 
SUNDAR NITHORSON
Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

GOD’S NEEDLE

Very recently
hearing my prayers
God has gifted me a needle.
The needle is a small one
Can stitch new clothes
as well as those torn and worn-out.
God didn’t give me any yarn.
But, are we to keep the needle idle
because of that
Wont it then turn rusted?
Hence
I have turned into thread
the banana-fiber in my possession
and stitching free of cost the
torn clothes of the have-nots
and so be faithful to god.
It is with that income ‘alone’
that I feed my children.
Oh, don’t label me as a no-gooder
not knowing how to put the needle into good use.
Instead of keeping it a waste
Isn’t it better using thus?
Is it that you don’t like me having the needle
Or that I am stitching with it?
It is because the needle is not rusting
That god loves me so much.
Therefore
Giving the excuse that god has not given the yarn
don’t fail to cover the nudity of the poor.

சுந்தர் நிதர்சன்
March 26 •
கடவுளின் ஊசி
*****************
மிக அண்மையில்
என் பிரார்த்தனைகளை
கேட்ட கடவுள் எனக்காக
ஓர் ஊசியை பரிசளித்தார்..
ஊசி சிறியதுதான்
புதுத் துணிகளையும் தைக்கலாம்.
கிழிந்த பழைய துணிகளையும்
தைக்கலாம்.
கடவுள் எனக்கு
நூல் பந்தினை தரவில்லை
அதற்காக ஊசியை
கிடப்பில் போடலாமா?
அது துறு பிடித்து
இறந்து விடாதா?
அதனால்
என்னிடம் இருந்த
வாழை நார்களை நூலாக்கி
கிழிசல்களோடு இருக்கும்
ஏழைகளின் துணிகளை
கட்டணமின்றி
தைத்து கொடுத்து
கடவுளுக்கு விசுவாசமாய்
இருக்கிறேன்.
அந்த வருமானத்தில் "மட்டும்"
என் பிள்ளைகளை போசிக்கின்றேன்.
மிக அண்மையில் கிடைத்ததால்
ஊசியை பாவிக்க தெரியாதவன்
என்ற
முத்திரை குத்தாதீர்கள்.
பயனின்றி வைத்திருப்பதை விட
பாவிப்பது நல்லதுதானே..?
உங்களுக்கு
ஊசி என்னிடம் இருப்பது
பிடிக்கவில்லையா?
அல்லது
நான் தைப்பது
பிடிக்கவில்லையா?
ஊசி துறுவேறாமல்
இருப்பதனால்தான்
கடவுள் என்மீது
மிக அன்பாய் இருக்கிறார்.
ஆகவே!
நூல் பந்தினை
கடவுள் தரவில்லை
என்ற காரணத்தை காட்டி
ஏழைகளின் நிர்வாணத்தினை
மறைக்க மறந்து விடாதீர்கள்.
*******************************
சுந்தர் நிதர்சன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE