INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

NASBULLAH.A'S POEM



A POEM BY 
NASBULLAH.A









Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
From the night sky river
flows rain
My sleep unable to fly
going round and round my feet
and digging a massive ocean
in front of my house
floated a paper-boat in it.
Once upon a time
the way my sleep-bird
steep and vertical
snored beside my pillow
with saliva oozing out of its mouth
made me all too furious.
This grey-haired
sixty year old
The final sleep-bird too
takes no note of me.
These days
my poems are filled
with frogs’ croaking.
நஸ்புள்ளாஹ். ஏ.

இரவு வான நதியிலிருந்து
மழை வழிந்து கொண்டிருந்தது
பறக்க முடியாத
எனது நித்திரைப் பறவை
காலடியைச் சுற்றி சுற்றி வந்து
வீட்டு வாசல் முன்
பெருங்கடலைக் கொத்தி
மிதக்கும்
கப்பல் ஒன்றை அலையவிட்டது
முன்னொரு நாள்
எனது நித்திரைப் பறவை
நீண்ட செங்குத்தாய்
தலையணைக்கு அருகில்
குறட்டை விட்டு
சாலவாய் வடித்தைக் கண்டு
எனக்கு கோபம் கோபமாய்
வந்திருக்கிறது
நரைத்த
இந்த அறுபதாம் வயசு
கடைசி நித்திரைப் பறவையும்
என்னைக் கண்டு கொள்வதாயில்லை
இப்போதெல்லாம்
என் கவிதைகள் முழுக்க
தவளைகள் கத்தும் சத்தமாகவே இருக்கிறது.
ஏ.நஸ்புள்ளாஹ்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE