INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, June 27, 2021

YUMA VASUKI

 A POEM BY

YUMA VASUKI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE ‘MILK OF HUMAN KINDNESS’

Calling out to a boy
beckoning him to come closer
and grinning cunningly
I pinched him softly.
Moving away in a leap
he glares at me.
“Ok, pinch me in return”.
And, he fell into my trap
all too willingly.
The pinches that he was giving
one after another
gritting his teeth all the while
press into my hands all too deep,
leaving imprints.
With a laugh I say
“Not at all paining”.
Collecting all his strength in his nails
he strives with all his might
to tear off my skin.
“Do you feel the pain?”
All his avid queries
get drowned in my indifferent laughter.
“Oh, is this your muscle-power?
Absolutely no pain at all!”
Suffering humiliation to the core
standing frozen for a few seconds
in a flash his mouth
took my hand in a tight grip…
“Do you feel the pain?
Do you feel the pain?”
As the teeth pierced into my flesh
deeper and deeper,
as the pain grew worse
I laugh all too loudly.
The body quivers and remains still.
The heart, turning wet, blooms.

ஈரம்
ஒரு சிறுவனை அருகழைத்து தந்திரமாக இளித்தபடி
மெல்லெனக் கிள்ளுகிறேன்.
துள்ளிக் கோபத்துடன் விலகி முறைக்கிறான்.
“வேண்டுமானால் பதிலுக்கு நீ என்னைக் கிள்ளிவிடு”
விருப்புடன் சிக்கினான் விரித்த வலையில்.
பற்களைக் கடித்தபடி என் கரங்களில் அவன்
மாறி மாறிக் கிள்ளும் தடங்கள் ஆழப் பதிகின்றன.
சிரித்துக்கொண்டு சொல்கிறேன்,
“எனக்கு வலிக்கவேயில்லை…”
சக்தியெல்லாம் தன் நகங்களில் குவித்து
பிய்த்தெடுக்க முயல்கிறான் என் சருமத்தை.
“வலிக்கிறதா….? வலிக்கிறதா…?”
என் அலட்சியச் சிரிப்பில் அமிழ்ந்தன
ஆர்வக் கேள்விகள் எல்லாம்.
“இவ்வளவுதானா உன் பலம்
எனக்கு வலிக்கவேயில்லை!”
அவமானப்பட்டவனாய் சில நொடிகள் திகைத்து
சட்டென்று கவ்வுகிறான் என் கரத்தை.
“வலிக்கிறதா… வலிக்கிறதா…”
பற்கள் பதியப்பதிய வலி மீதுற மீதுற
பெருங் குரலெடுத்துச் சிரிக்கிறேன்.
சிலிர்த்தடங்குகிறது உடல் _ மனம்
ஈரம் பட்டுக் கிளைக்கிறது.
யூமா வாசுகி
(சாத்தானும் சிறுமியும் தொகுப்பிலிருந்து)

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE