INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, June 27, 2021

SJ BABIYAN

 A POEM BY

SJ BABIYAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



WRITHING WORMS AND
CRUSHING FEET
In an elongating night
The worm curving and zigzagging
Went along its path creeping.
I remained there with my eyes fixed on it.
Wearing the attire made of all too soft muscle
the worm proceeded
with its gait disquieting me.
All around the worm
Fresh new glows emerged flooding.
I waited till it came very close to me.
Time crawled with its soft heartbeats.
The cricket chatting in twilight hours
tore off the quiet
with its buzz.
The elegance of the worm
Getting enhanced
I felt the
Within
As the worm with its tireless stride
proceeding in its course
came close by my side
grudge-filled
I began crushing it.
The worm which was till then
Wonderful
began smelling foul all over
because of my rancour.
I, feeling pleased,
leaving the worm all crushed
but sleep somewhere far away
leaving me in the lurch.

நெளியும் புழுக்களும்
நசிக்கும் காலடியும்...
நீளும் ஓர்
இராப்பொழுதில்
நெளிந்து வளைந்து உலவும்
புழு தன் பாதையில்
ஊர்ந்தது.
உற்று நோக்கியபடி
நான் இருந்தேன்.
மெல்லிய சதையால்
வெள்ளை ஆடை தரித்த
அதன் நடை
என்னை உறுத்தியபடியே இருந்தது.
அப் புழுவைச் சுற்றிலும்
புது ஒளிப் பிழம்புகள்
வெளிப்பட்டு பிரவாகம்
எடுத்தது
நான் காத்திருந்தேன்
என்ன ருகில் வரும் வரை..
நேரம்
மெல்லிய தன் இதய
துடிப்புடன் நகர்ந்தது.
சாமத்தில்
பேசும் வண்டு
தன் சத்தத்தால் நிஷப்தத்தை
கிழித்து எறிந்தது.
புழுவின்
நளினம் இன்னும்
மெருகேற
என் நெஞ்சில் காரத்தின்
எரிச்சலை உணர்ந்தேன்.
தளராத நடையில்
நீண்ட தன்
பயணத்தை தொடர்ந்த
புழு
என்
கால ருகே வந்த
பொழுது
காழ்புணர்ச்சி யால்
நசுக்கத் தொடங்கினேன்.
அது வரை
அழகாயிருந்த புழு
என்னால்
அறை முழுதும் மணக்கத் தொடங்கியது.
புழுவை கொன்ற
திருப்தியில்
நானி ருக்க
உறக்கம் என்னை விட்டு
வெகு தொலைவில்......!

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE