INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, June 26, 2021

MAHI ADHIRAN

 A POEM BY

MAHI ADHIRAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




IT IS YOU WHO BESTOWED THIS ON ME
At the height of absurdity
Fear ceases to be.
Mount or Sea,
_ nothing matters.
That which is with me now
is the mourning wind
and also a pale pebble
to keep me company.
wading through the night
as you do with the day
requires training and expertise.
It is like nurturing a heat boil
under the tongue.
Henceforth I am not going to open my door for thee
This is a new door. Made of jackfruit tree.
The pleasing fragrance is not for thee
In the summer
I dry my attire.
I won’t wash off the bird poop fallen on that
In that wet dress
that allows not the aroma of sacredness
that stain is
but an overload of tidiness,
isn’t it?
Don’t come. My golden solitude
I have melted in my room’s heat.
In winter I would stretch it into a thin wire
and make my golden chain.
Now onwards
in front of my home
under the Neem tree that inhales heat and exhales shade
placing three chairs
I would station myself in one.
With the mourning wind and the pebble
occupying the other two
We would have words as side-dish
For fermented grape juice.
That portrayal not just thee
but none can absorb, you see.
Mahi Adhiran

நீயே இதையெனக்களித்தாய்.
………………………………………......................
உச்ச அபத்தத்தில்
அற்றுப் போய்விடுகிறது பயம்
மலையோ கடலோ பொருட்டல்ல
இப்போது என்னுடன் இருப்பது
துக்கம் அனுசரிக்கும் காற்று
துணைக்கு வெளிர்ந்த கூழாங்கல் ஒன்றும்
பகலைப் போல இரவைக்
கடக்க பயிற்சி தேவை
அது ஒரு வேனல் கட்டியை
நாக்கடியில் வளர்ப்பது போல
இனி உனக்காக எனது கதவை
நான் திறக்கப் போவது இல்லை
இது புதுக் கதவு. பலா மரத்தால் ஆனது
இனிக்கும் வாசனை உனக்கானது அல்ல
கோடை மருகும் வாடையில்
எனது உடையை உலர்த்துகிறேன்
அதில் விழுந்த பறவையின் எச்சத்தை
நான் கழுவமாட்டேன்.
புனிதத்தின் வாசனையை
அண்டவிடாமல் செய்யும்
ஈர உடையில் அந்தக் கறை
அதீத ஒழுங்குதானே.
வராதே. எனது தங்கத் தனிமையை
எனதறை வெப்பத்தில் உருக வைத்திருக்கிறேன்
குளிர்காலத்தில் அதை மெல்லிய கம்பியாய் நீட்டி
எனது பொன்னாரத்தை வனைவேன்.
இனி என் வீட்டின் முன்
வெப்பத்தைத் தின்று நிழல் துப்பும்
வேம்படியில் மூன்று நாற்காலிகள் இட்டு
ஒன்றில் நிலைகொள்வேன் நான்
துக்கம் அனுசரிக்கும் காற்றும்
கூழாங்கல்லும் மற்ற இருக்கைகளில் அமர
திராட்சை காடிக்கு சொற்களைக் கொறிப்போம்
அந்தச் சித்திரத்தை உன்னால் மட்டுமல்ல
யாராலும் செரிக்க முடியாது.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE