INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, June 27, 2021

MOHAMAD ATHEEK-SOLAIKILI

 A POEM BY

MOHAMAD ATHEEK-SOLAIKILI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



MYRIAD-EYED WATER!

When I go for bathing
Water would rustle
That, its exclusive language
would sound as if it is asking me something
When I extend my head without responding
it would pour hard on it.
When I apply soap
along with my eyes
the water would also wring its eyes.
Wonder how many eyes
does the Water have
Water keeps viewing us
What does it ask
I understand not
With questions aplenty
Water is running through the length
and breadth of my body
My very body
is a query
What are the queries that the
Water flowing through it asks
I wipe my head
Water failing to get an answer
cries
and its tears seep out in droplets.
In its eyes too shines
the dream of rain.
When I close the tap tightly
It seems like
the water
gushing forth enraged
and asking me to come again
with due responses
finally subsides
Of course this is for the time being.
For water never calls it a day.
it continues to breathe all the way.

Mohamed Atheek - Solaikili

தண்ணீருக்கு எத்தனை கண்கள்
குளிக்கப் போனால்
தண்ணீர் சலசலக்கும்
அது அதனின் பாஷை
ஏதோ ஒன்றை
என்னிடம்
வினவுவது போன்றிருக்கும்
நான் பேசாமல் தலையைக் கொடுக்கும்போது
என் மண்டையில் உறைக்கும்படி
சற்று பலமாகவும் விழும்
சவர்க்காரம் இடும்போது
தண்ணீரும் கண்ணைக் கசக்கும்
தண்ணீருக்கு
எத்தனை கண்கள் இருக்கிறதோ
தண்ணீரும் நம்மை
பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது
தண்ணீர் என்ன கேட்கிறது
அது எனக்கு விளங்கவில்லை
பல கேள்விகள் கேட்டபடிதான்
என் தேகமெங்கும் ஓடுகிறது
தண்ணீர்
என் தேகமே ஒரு கேள்வி
அதில் தண்ணீர் ஓடி ஓடி
எழுப்பும் கேள்விகள் என்னென்ன
நான் தலை துவட்டுகிறேன்
விடை கிடைக்காத தண்ணீர்
அழுது
சொட்டுச் சொட்டாக வழிகிறது
தண்ணீருக்கு கண் இருக்கிறது
அதன் கண்களுக்குள்ளும்
மழையின் கனவு மினுங்குகிறது
நான் தண்ணீரின் குழாயை
திருகி
மூடும்போது
சீறிப் பாய்ந்துவிட்டு
திரும்பவும் வா
எனக்கான விடைகளோடு
என்று தண்ணீர்
அடங்குவதுபோல் இருக்கிறது
பலமாக மூச்சுவிடுகிறது
இது தற்காலிகமே
தண்ணீர் நிரந்தரமாய்
அடங்குவதில்லை
தண்ணீரின் மூச்சு குறையாது

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE