INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, June 27, 2021

SHANMUGAM SUBRAMANIAM

 A POEM BY

SHANMUGAM SUBRAMANIAM


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



Ere I set right the wrist-watch that shows time
a little ahead
I should come backward.
After removing it
I was a little slow in setting it right.
In the anti-clockwise motion the two hands
have reached the Now.
When the one standing sat
It was you going there softly rubbing against the shoulder
who called me
So my heart wants to say.
The other shadow is not to be seen at the feet.
My shadow has also donned a new form.
In the fingers the heat of another palm
After wearing the wrist-watch when I glanced
With no hands in the clock front and back
suffocating heat pervading my entire being.

Shanmugam Subramaniam

நேரத்தைக் கொஞ்சம் கூடுதலாகவே காண்பிக்கும்
கைக்கடிகாரத்தை திருத்துமுன்
நான் பின்னோக்கி வரவேண்டும்
கழற்றியபின் திருத்த நேரமாகிவிட்டது
எதிர்சுழற்சியில் முட்கள் தற்பொழுதை
அடைந்துவிட்டன
நின்றிருந்தவன் அமர்ந்ததும்
அங்கே தோளுரசி சென்ற நீதான்
என்னை அழைத்ததாகச்
சொல்ல விழைகிறது உளம்
இன்னொரு நிழலைக் காலடியில் காணவில்லை
என் நிழலும் வேறு வடிவம் பூண்டுள்ளது
விரல்களில் வேறொரு உள்ளங்கையின் வெம்மை
மீண்டும் கைக்கடிகாரத்தை அணிந்தவுடன் பார்க்கையில்
முட்கள் முன்னும் பின்னும் அல்லாது போக
உடலெங்கும் தகிப்பின் வெளியேற்றம்.

- எஸ்.சண்முகம் -








No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE