INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, June 27, 2021

KAVITHAAYINI LEESA

 A POEM BY

KAVITHAAYINI LEESA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


IMAGE (or) SHADOW
Thinking that you pursue me
fixing my eyes on the ground
I write notes on tastes
within myself.
That, reclining with me throughout the night
and wandering with me all over the place
during day
is something you are so accustomed to,
I muse.
Despite wishing to drive you away
all by myself
Failing in my attempts all too often
When I travel to and fro
as lovers staying together for ever
you staying steadfastly close to me
_ How am I to boot you away…..
You are
my smile
You are
my sob
You are the mirror-image
of my joy
the facsimile of my form….
Therefore,
I can never part with you _
Oh, my shadow.

கவிதாயினி லீஸா

விம்பம் அல்லது நிழல்.!!!
●◆●
என்னை நீ
பின் தொடர்வதாய் நினைத்து
பார்வைகள் முழுவதையும்
நிலத்தில் குத்தி
எனக்குள் நானே
இரசனைக் குறிப்புகளை
எழுதிக் கொள்கிறேன்...
இரவு முழுவதும் ஒட்டுமொத்தமாய்
என்னோடு சாய்ந்தும்
பகல் முழுக்க
என்னோடே ஊர்சுற்றித் திரிவதும்
உனக்கு பழக்கப்பட்டுப் போன
சமாச்சாரமாய் நினைக்கிறேன்...
உன்னை
நானே துரத்த நினைத்தும்
அடிக்கடி தோற்றுப்போய்
அங்குமிங்கும் பயணிக்கையில்
இணை பிரியா
காதலன் காதலி போல
என்னையே சுற்றிச்சுற்றி வருகையில்
எப்படி எட்டி உதைப்பது
உன்னை...
நீ
என் புன்னகை
நீ
என் அழுகை
நீ
என் சந்தோஷத்தின் மறுவடிவம்
என் உடலின் மறு விம்பம்...
ஆகையால்
உன்னை பிரியவே முடியாது
என் நிழலே.!!!
கவிதாயினி லீஸா

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE