INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

THENMOZHI DAS

 A POEM BY

THENMOZHI DAS

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


I began loathing and avoiding your secrets
At my back they seek and find things they enjoy
I know
The way my snow poured on your branches
My sleep feeling restive with the cloud
settling atop your abode
Youth tumbling into the void beyond
the reach of retrieval
Relish it all as swallowing a soft slim ‘appam’
Someday you would melt those secrets
and serve them as ghee
to me
You would be remembering me;
maybe being remembered by somebody
‘He lived for me _’
No woman can show a man so
I derive content residing in the eyes
of my puppies
In the solitary wind entering my room
the shadow of earthen lamp
sways as bat.

Thenmozhi Das

உனது ரகசியங்களை வெறுக்கவும் தவிர்க்கவும் துவங்கினேன்
அவை என் கண்களுக்குப் பின்னால்
தனக்கு விருப்பமானதை தேடிக்கொள்வதை அறிவேன்
எனது பனி உன் கிளைகள் மேல் பொழிந்ததையும்
நித்திரை
உன் வீட்டின் உச்சியில் தங்குகிற மேகத்தொடு தவித்ததையும்
இளமை யாராலும் மீட்டெடுக்க இயலாத வெறுமைக்குள் இடறியதையும்
ஒரு மெல்லிய அப்பத்தை விழுங்குவதென சுவைத்துக்கொள்
இரகசியங்களையே நெய்யென உருக்கி என்றேனும் எனக்குப் பரிமறுவாய்
நீ என் நினைவோடு இருப்பாய் அல்லது வேறு யாரின் நினைவிலும் கூட
எனக்காக வாழ்ந்தான் இவன் - என
எந்த மனிதனையும் எப்பெண்ணாலும் காட்ட இயலாது
நான் என் நாய் குட்டிகளின் கண்களுக்குள் வசிப்பதில் நிறைவுருகிறேன்
எனது அறைக்குள் நுழைந்த தனித்த காற்றில்
அகலின் நிழல் வவ்வாலாய் அலைகிறது








No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE