INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, March 5, 2022

AZIZ M.FAIZ

 A POEM BY

AZIZ M.FAIZ

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan
(*First Draft)

With metaphors I made a sky
Moon needed, said one
Sun too said another
At that time
I was dreaming the stars
‘Aatkaati’ bird and ‘Aalaa’ are a must
_another insisted.
I was busy installing flower plants
for the butterfly.
Trees sky high and mountains too
should be there, said one
I was applying hues and shades to the
Rainbow.
White clouds changing into myriad shapes
and dark clouds bestowing rain
we need to add, said another
I was painting the twilight sky in
crimson-yellow.
I can’t draw sky
to please another
My sky is
my favourite colours.

AzIz M. Faiz


குறியீடுகளால்_ஒருவானம்

குறியீடுகள் கொண்டு
ஒரு வானம் செய்தேன்
அதில் நிலவு வேண்டுமென்றான் ஒருவன்
அதில் சூரியன் வேண்டுமென்றான் இன்னொருவன்
அப்போது
நான் நட்சத்திரங்களைக்
கனவு கண்டு கொண்டிருந்தேன்.
ஆட்காட்டிப் பறவையும்
ஆலாவும் வேண்டுமென்றான் ஒருவன்
நான் வண்ணத்துப்பூச்சிக்காய் பூச்செடிகள் நட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்
ஆகாயம் தொடும் மரங்களும்
மலைகளும் வேண்டுமென்றான் ஒருவன்
நான் வானவில்லுக்கு வர்ணம்
தீட்டிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்
உருமாறும் வெண்மேகமும் மழைகொடுக்கும் கார்மேகமும்
வேண்டுமென்றான் மற்றொருவன்
நான் அந்திவானுக்கு
செம்மஞ்சள் பூசிக்கொண்டிருந்தேன்.
அடுத்தவன் ஆசைக்கு
வானம் வரைய முடியாதென்னால்
என் வானம் என்பது
என் இஷ்ட வர்ணங்கள்.

#அஸீஸ்_எம்_பாயிஸ்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE