INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

MADURAI SATHYA

THREE POEMS BY

MADURAI SATHYA


TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH BY LATHA RAMAKRISHNAN

(1)

You growing it into a towering gigantic tree
and squeezing life with crowding memories
Afterwards
being able to doubt the fortitude of root
day in and day out
saying
leaves withering
branches weeping
so on and so forth
Alas, how to seek shade
trusting thee.
After the time you had left
I stationed me in a dream land
There I laugh a lot
Write a lot
Turn into beauty-personified
I take photos
Gather friends
Here it is going to dawn
and the danger of your possible arrival
is also fast approaching anon.
A great grand story forgotten to speak about
Is ceasing to be
My agonies roaring noisily
Go past the tightly shut ears
In abject silence.
Till someone comes to hear my grievance and offer redress
Converting all into poems has become
A strenuous task indeed.
Learning your decision not to return
Loving you all the more
proves damn easy!
Without your hindrance
My love has obtained its freedom
_ wholesome
only now, you see.

நெடுமரமாய் வளர்த்துவிட்டு
வாழ்வை நினைவுகளால் நெருக்கிவிட்டு
பின்னாளில் இலை உதிர்கிறது
கிளைகள் விசும்புகிறது
என அனுதினமும்
வேரின் வலிமையை சந்தேகிக்க முடிகிற உன்னை நம்பி எங்ஙனம் நிழல் தேட.!!
நீ விட்டுப்போன நாழிகைக்குப்பின்
ஒரு கனவு தேசத்தில் என்னை நிறுத்திக்கொண்டேன்
அங்கே நிறைய சிரிக்கிறேன்
நிரம்ப எழுதுகிறேன்
அழகாக மாறுகிறேன்
புகைப்படம் எடுத்துக்கொள்கிறேன்
நண்பர்களை சேர்க்கிறேன்
இதோ விடியப்போகிறது
மீண்டும் நீ வரக்கூடும் என்ற அபாயமும் நெருங்கிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது..!!
பேசமறந்த பெருங்கதை ஒன்று காலாவதியாகிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது
பேரிரைச்சலாய் முழங்கும்
என் வேதனைகள்
கதவடைத்த காதுகளில்
மெளனமாகவே கடக்கிறது
யாரேனும் வந்து குறைகேட்கும் வரை
அத்தனையும் கவிதைகளாய் உருமாற்றிக்கொண்டிருப்பதே
பெரும் வேலையாகிவிட்டது.!!
இனி நீ திரும்ப என்னிடம் வரமாட்டாய்
என்ற முடிவை அறிந்த பின்
உன்னை அதீதமாக நேசிப்பது
எத்தனை இலகுவாக இருக்கிறது எனக்கு
உன் இடையூறு இல்லாமல் இப்போதுதான்
என் காதல் அதன் பரிபூரண
சுதந்திரத்தை அடைந்துள்ளது..!!

மதுரை சத்யா


(2)


In my home
There is no separate 'Pooja' room
Just a wooden plank
I didn’t allow to have a door in it.
I would talk to god anytime I please
I never seek human shoulders to lean on
and sob,
sharing my pains unbearable.
Dispute or Tears – with God alone.
The pain of rejection, humiliation
The pain of menstruation
Whatever be the case
It is there I air
my grievances
For non-believers
This may sound something comic
“For those who ask
‘Will your God hear this at all
All I can say is –
I never tell my misgivings and fears
to ears that hear.

என் வீட்டில் பூஜையறை என
தனித்து ஏதுமில்லை
ஒரு பலகை மட்டுமே
அதற்கு கதவு இடக்கூட
நான் சம்மதிக்கவில்லை..
எப்போது வேண்டுமானாலும்
நான் கடவுளிடம் பேசுவேன் ..
என் வலிகளை சொல்லி அழ மனிதர்களை தேடுவதே இல்லை
சண்டையோ அழுகையோ கடவுளிடம் மட்டுமே ..
நிராகரிக்கப்பட்ட வலியோ அவமானமோ மாதவிடாய் வலியோ
எதுவானாலும்
அங்கே தான் முறையிடுவேன்..
கடவுளை நம்ப மறுப்பவர்களுக்கு இது
நகைச்சுவையாக இருக்கலாம் ..
"உன் கடவுள் இதை காது கொடுத்து கேட்பாரா"
என்ற கேள்விக்கு ஒரே ஒரு பதில்
"கேட்கும் காதுகளிடம் என் குறைகளை சொல்வதே இல்லை"
என்பது மட்டுமே ..!!"

மதுரை சத்யா

(3)

At the first street junction
a pedestrian was standing there
to cross the road
Slowing down my vehicle
I brought it to a halt
He bowed to me
taking me to be God
At the next junction
I saw another one
trying to cross the road
But as I was speeding past
I couldn’t suddenly halt
He halted making me way
Now I bowed to him
taking him to be God.
Thus
Seeing God at times
and being God at times
My life gets fulfilled.
மதுரை சத்யா
முதல் தெரு சந்திப்பில் ஒரு பாதசாரி
சாலை கடக்க நின்றிருந்தார்
என் வண்டியின் வேகம் குறைத்து நிறுத்தினேன்
என்னைக் கடவுளென வணங்கிச் சென்றார்
அடுத்த சந்திப்பில் அதுபோலவே
இன்னுமொரு பாதசாரி சாலைக் கடக்க
நிற்பதைக் கவனித்தேன். ஆனால்
சட்டென்று நிறுத்த முடியா வேகம் என்பதால்
அவர் நின்று எனக்கு வழிவிட்டார்
இப்போது அவரைக் கடவுளாக நினைத்து
நன்றி கூறினேன்
இப்படித்தான் அவ்வப்போது கடவுளைக் காண்பதும் கடவுளாவதுமாக
என் வாழ்வு நிறைகிறது..!!

(3)



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE