INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Friday, February 17, 2023

NESAMITHRAN

 A POEM BY

NESAMITHRAN


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Knowing well that you would admonish me
for leaving the forehead without the usual dot - mark
I posed so for the photograph.
It was hoping against hope that you would search for me
that I went missing for a few days.
It was for making you hold me all the more closer
that I strolled along the pathways of foes.
It was for you to correct
my poem had several grammatical errors
For a small word of solace
I proclaimed my ailment
disclosed to no one else.
Driven by the craving of being held by thee
all these and more, you see.
The reason for my lying like a corpse
with all my identities erased
is not to make you wail beating your chest.
It is to have your love
in miniscule measure as the shine of star.
Height of absurdity - Yes
Yet it is due to such absurdities
that in this world
deaths are being postponed.

நீ திட்டுவாய் தெரியும்
தெரிந்துதான் அந்தப் புகைப்படத்தில்
பொட்டு இல்லாமல் நின்றேன்
நீ தேட மாட்டாயா என்ற நப்பாசையில் தான் சில நாட்கள் தொலைந்து போனேன்
என்னை இன்னும்
இறுகப்பற்றுவாய் என்றே
உன் எதிரிகள் வீதிகளில் புழங்கினேன்
நீ திருத்துவாய் என்றுதான் அந்த கவிதையில் ஒரு சந்திப் பிழையும் இரண்டு ஒற்றுப் பிழைகளும்
சிறிய ஆறுதல் சொல்லுக்காய்
யாருக்கும் சொல்லாத
நோய்மையை பறைஅறிவித்தேன்
ஏந்திக் கொள்வாய் என ஏங்கியே இவ்வளவும்
என் எல்லா அடையாளங்களையும் அழித்துக்கொண்டு பிரேதம் போல் கிடப்பது நீ மாரில் அடித்துக்கொண்டு அழ வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக அல்ல
ஒரு நட்சத்திரம் மினுங்கும் அளவு
உனது அன்புக்காகத்தான்
எவ்வளவு அபத்தம்
ஆனால் பார்
இப்படியான அபத்தங்களால்தான்
இவ்வுலகில் சாவுகள் ஒத்தி
வைக்கப்படுகின்றன.

நேச மித்ரன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE