INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, February 27, 2023

MARI MAHENDRAN

A POEM BY
MARI MAHENDRAN
Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Every time they said the same tale
and so stole my vote.
To keep me oblivious of the way I am being cheated
Every now and then they would sprinkle as magical seed
a poisonuous weed.
For me too
despite being aware of being taken for a ride
unable to escape the bizarre net
I remain an invalid vote.
When all is over
and the play is once again restaged
I realize how vicious these performers are.
That till date
not once have I cast my vote
for my own sake
is something I never knew before
But
Let them come this time
as ever
they would know better.
i will cast my vote
meant for my future prospect.

ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் ஒரே கதையை சொல்லி தான் எனது ஓட்டை திருடினார்கள்...
நான் ஏமாற்றப்படுவதை எனக்கு தெரியாமல் இருக்க அவ்வப்போது ஒரு வஞ்சகத்தை மாய விதை போலவே தூவி விடுவார்கள்..
எனக்கும் என்னை ஏமாற்றி தான் எனது ஓட்டை எடுக்கிறார்கள் என்று தெரிந்தும் கூட அந்த மாய வலையில் இருந்து நான் மீண்டு வர முடியாது ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் அவர்களிடம் தோற்றுப்போன ஓட்டாய் கிடக்கிறேன்..
எல்லாம் முடிந்து மறுபடியும் நாடகம் தொடரும் போதுதான் இந்த நடிகர்கள் எவ்வளவு அயோக்கியர்கள் என்று உணர்கிறேன்..
இதுவரை நான் எனது ஓட்டை ஒரு முறை கூட எனக்காக வாக்கு அளித்தது இல்லை
என்பது மட்டுமே இதுவரை எனக்கு தெரியாது போன செய்தி..
ஆனால்
இம்முறை
அவர்கள் வரட்டும்
எனக்கான
ஓட்டை இந்த முறை வாக்களித்து வருவேன்..

மாரி மகேந்திரன்
All reactions:

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE