INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, April 2, 2020

RAJAJI RAJAGOPALAN's POEM

A Poem by 
Rajaji Rajagopalan



(The original version in Tamil revised by the poet himself)
Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

IF I WERE TO SEE GOD….


I would ask for a new world
and the same language for the whole world
I would ask for countries without frontiers
and Species sans foes
I would ask for Justice without laws
and Society freed from castes
I would ask for Houses without fences
And Hearts sans pretences.
I would ask for the efforts of the poor to yield fruits
And those who choose to beg - depart
I would ask for temples sans gates
And Ceremonies sans dogmas
I would ask for mercy in wind and rain
And Peace to prevail in all oceans
I would ask for woods to preserve their virtue
And Pearls so full in all the seas
I would ask for environment care
and wisdom against polluting waterways
I would ask for global warming to go down
and toxic gases to dissolve on their own
I would ask for pristine water in all lagoons
And Arctic species to live on
I would ask for volcano to contain within itself
and Ozone to save the world
I would ask for Thirukurual in every household
and free verses to read
I would ask for patience in parents
and obedience in their children.
I would ask for simplicity in women
and men’s chastity defined.
இறைவனைக் கண்டால்
இனியொரு புதிய உலகினைக் கேட்பேன்
உலகம் முழுவதும் ஒரே மொழி கேட்பேன்
எல்லைகள் அற்ற நாடுகள் கேட்பேன்
எதிரிகள் இல்லா இனங்களைக் கேட்பேன்
சட்டங்களில்லா நீதியைக் கேட்பேன்
சாதிகள் ஒழிந்த சமுதாயம் கேட்பேன்
வேலிகளில்லா வீடுகள் கேட்பேன்
போலிகளற்ற இதயங்கள் கேட்பேன்
ஏழைகள் முயற்சியில் ஏற்றத்தைக் கேட்பேன்.
இரந்தே வாழ்பவர் ஒழிந்திடக் கேட்பேன்.
கதவுகள் இல்லாக் கோயில்கள் கேட்பேன்
சாத்திரம் இல்லாச் சடங்குகள் கேட்பேன்
காற்றிலும் மழையிலும் கருணையைக் கேட்பேன்
சமுத்திரம் அனைத்திலும் சாந்தியைக் கேட்பேன்
காடுகள் கற்பைக் காத்திடக் கேட்பேன்
கடலினில் முத்துகள் மலிந்திடக் கேட்பேன்
சூழலின் தூய்மை போற்றிடக் கேட்பேன்
சேற்றினைக் கழிப்போர் கற்றிடக் கேட்பேன்
அகிலத்து வெம்மை தணிந்திடக் கேட்பேன்
அழுக்கு வாய்வுகள் அழிந்திடக் கேட்பேன்
வாவிகள் யாவும் நன்நீர் கேட்பேன்
உறைபனி விலங்குகள் உய்த்திடக் கேட்பேன்
எரிமலை தன்னுள் ஒடுங்கிடக் கேட்பேன்
ஓசோன் உலகைக் காத்திடக் கேட்பேன்
இல்லங்கள் அனைத்திலும் திருக்குறள் கேட்பேன்
இலக்கணமற்ற கவிதைகள் கேட்பேன்
பெற்றார்களிடத்தே பொறுமையைக் கேட்பேன்
பிள்ளைகளிடத்தே பணிவினைக் கேட்பேன்
பெண்களிடத்தே எளிமையைக் கேட்பேன்
ஆண்களின் கற்பு உரைத்திடக் கேட்பேன்.
ராஜாஜி ராஜகோபாலன்(மணற்காடர்)


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE