INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, April 2, 2020

V.N.GIRITHARAN

A POEM BY GIRITHARAN NAVARATHNAM
Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

MOTHER OF MINE
Mother! O Mother! You are alive in me
Mother! You live in me!
Being so bearing its antithesis, being non-being
O where did you go vanishing, My Mother!
Where at all did you go vanishing…..
You being the mind’s will in the thought-pattern
and taking leave, O Mother –
is it all but the mere fluttering
of my winged thoughts?
Have I so far realized your Being
thus?
The way your Being
being the very reason for
realizing the very being of Life!
Oh my!
We who follow
as chicks at the heel of your shadow
You held close
safeguarding…
With all my feelings
filled with you as the very breath
how you keep booming inside
as memories, dreams –
so on and so forth!
Have you ever at all thought of yourself?
Toiled for ever
thinking only of our welfare.
Mother! Will I ever see you again?
Your being here
Walking all over
Our wandering everywhere
Oh, was it all real!
Queries soaring in search of answers
as flying sparrows
in the sky within
morning and evening moving along this desert
loaded with queries myriad with answers unknown
O, will this voyage go on?
Are all those sparks of the travel
Gone past as visuals of mirage?
Is this desert too a mirage?
And so this voyage too?
Is this voyage also
an illusion? Is it so?
My Mother! you nurtured me instilling courage in me
You moulded me into a braveheart!
All those days you were here, O Mother
Are they mere fantasy?
Are they, O Mother, nothing but a fleeting dream?
Is your being too a reality turned fantasy born of my being
O Mother! A reality turned fantasy?
In the deep space where you word and deed
sensation and compassion
remain widespread
You’ve merged and converged into a universe
You made me analyze once again
The why of I in its multi-dimensions!
And O, you’re gone!
But, O! My Mother as your life’s droplet of blood
And of your love and more
I am here in which
I would see your reflection
and thus gain
clear comprehension
so I’ve grasped you
and through you, the world
and my own self.
So I have grasped the meaning of
Your Being
being in my own being.
தாயே! தாயே! என்னிருப்பில் உன்னிருப்பறிந்தேன்!
தாயே! என்னிருப்பில் உன்னிருப்பறிந்தேன்!
உன்னிருப்பாலிருப்பின் மறுப்புதனை
உணர்த்தியெங்கு சென்றாய் ? தாயே!
எங்கு சென்றாய் ?
நினைவுக் கோளத்தினொரு
சித்தவிளையாட்டாய்
இருந்து நீ சென்றதெல்லாம்
அன்னையே! என்
எண்ணப் பறவைகளின் வெறும்
சிறகடிப்போ ? இருந்தவிருப்பை
இதுவரை நான் இவ்விதம்
உணர்ந்தேனா ? இருப்புணர்ந்து
புரிவதற்கு உன்னிருப்பேயொரு
காரணியாயமைந்த விந்தையென்னே!
உன்னிழல் தொடர்ந்து வரும்
குஞ்சுகளாய் வருமெமையரவணைத்தாய்.
காத்து நின்றாய்.
உணர்வெல்லாம் காற்றாக நீ போனதினால்
நனவாய்க் கனவாய் வந்து வந்து
மோதும் செயலென்னே!
என்றேனும் உனைப்பற்றி நீ எண்ணியதுண்டா ?
நாம் நன்றாயிருந்தாலது போதுமென
உன்பணிசெய்து கிடந்தாயே ?
தாயே!உனை நாமெங்கினிக் காண்போமோ ?
இங்கு நீ இருந்ததெல்லாம்,
இங்கு நீ நடந்ததெல்லாம்,
இங்கு நாம் திரிந்ததெல்லாம்
இருந்ததொரு இருப்போ ?
விரியும் வினாக்கள் விடைநாடிச்
சிறகடிக்கும் சிட்டுக்களாய்
சித்தவானினிலே.
விடை தெரியா விடைநாடும்
வினாக்கள் பல சுமந்து
ஒட்டகமாயிப் பாலையிலே
காலையும் மாலையுமாய்
பயணமின்னும் தொடருமோ ?
பயணத்தின் ஒளித்தெறிப்பெல்லாம்
கானற் காட்சியாய் கடந்ததுவோ ?
பாலையும் கானலோ ?
இப்பயணமும் கானலோ ?
இங்கு இப் பயணமும்
கானலோ ?
நெஞ்சிலுரமூட்டியெமை வளர்த்தாய் தாயே!
அஞ்சிடாதுளம் தந்தெமை வார்த்தாய்.
நீ இருந்ததெல்லாம் தாயே! வெறும் நிழலா ?
நீ இருந்ததெல்லாம் தாயே! வெறுங் கனவா ?
உன்னிருப்புமென்னிருப்பால் விளைந்ததொரு
பொய்யானதொரு மெய்யோ ? தாயே!
பொய்யானதொரு மெய்யோ ?
உனது சொல்லும் செயலும்
உணர்வும் பரிவும்
பரவிக்கிடக்கும் வெளிக்குள்
வெளியாய் பரவிக் கலந்தாய்.
மீண்டுமொருமுறை
'
நான் ' 'ஏன் ' 'யார் ' என
ஆய்ந்திட வைத்துச் சென்றாய் ?
தாயே!
ஆயினுன் உயிரின் உறவின்
உதிரத் துளியாய் இன்னுமிங்கே
இருக்குமென் இருப்பில் நான்
உனைக் கண்டு தெளிவேன். அதனால்
உனைப் புரிந்தேனிந்த
உலகை அறிந்தேன். ஏன்
எனையும் தெரிந்தேன். என்
இருப்பில் இருந்த
உன்
இருப்பின் பொருள் உணர்ந்தேன்.
தாயே! பொருள் கண்டேன்.
ஏன் ' 'யார் ' என
ஆய்ந்திட வைத்துச் சென்றாய் ?
தாயே!
ஆயினுன் உயிரின் உறவின்
உதிரத் துளியாய் இன்னுமிங்கே
இருக்குமென் இருப்பில் நான்
உனைக் கண்டு தெளிவேன். அதனால்
உனைப் புரிந்தேனிந்த
உலகை அறிந்தேன். ஏன்
எனையும் தெரிந்தேன். என்
இருப்பில் இருந்த
உன்
இருப்பின் பொருள் உணர்ந்தேன்.
தாயே! பொருள் கண்டேன்.



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE