INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, August 26, 2021

SUNDAR NITHARSON

 A POEM BY

SUNDAR NITHARSON

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


WING THIEF
Wailing the lament of liberty
flying ahead of me
my pair of wings
For healing the scars of wound
all over my skin
in the colour
of fire
I have released my wings
Whenever I turn a little weary
someone keeps tearing off my wings
in great hurry.
Further
he keeps collecting my feathers
that come off
in each swing
of my wing.
The feathers he has thus saved
he paints in his colour
and inserting them into his wing
thus he keeps swelling.
As he knows the language of the bird
he keeps spinning tales
about my lost wings.

இறகுத் திருடன்...
.................................
விடுதலையின்
ஒப்பாரியை ஒலித்துக்கொண்டே
எனக்கு முன்
பறந்து கொண்டிருக்கின்றன
எனது
சோடி சிறகுகள்.
நான் உடலெங்கும்
நெருப்பின் வர்ணத்திலாலான
காயத்தின்
தழும்புகளை ஆற்ற
சிறகை விடுவித்திருக்கிறேன்...
சிறிது
அயர்ந்துவிடும் போதெல்லாம்
என் இறகுகளை ஒருவன்
வேகமாய் பிய்த்துக் கொண்டே
இருக்கிறான்
ஒவ்வொரு என் சிறகசைவிலும்
உதிர்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கும்
இறகுகளையும்
அவன் சேமிக்கிறான்
சேமித்த எனது இறகுகளில்
தனது வர்ணத்தை பூசி
அவனது சிறகில் சொறுகி
பெருத்துக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறான்
அவன் பறவையின்
மொழியை அறிந்திருப்பதனால்
எனது காணாமல் போன
இறகுகளைப் பற்றி
பொய்யான புனைகதையை
கட்டுகிறான்.......
.............................
சுந்தர் நிதர்சன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE