INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, August 26, 2021

THEEPIKA THEEPA

 A POEM BY

THEEPIKA THEEPA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



SAVOURS & FLAVOURS OF LIFE

My face is a plant that would droop instantly.
A lone word is enough
to break me into smithereens.
For carefully forming and cementing camaraderie
I need too long a time.
Suffice if somebody sprinkles on me
a droplet of love
I would in turn pour out voluminously
moved to the core, melting
more and more.
My life has grown
with disappointments and betrayals.
Till date I have not learnt the art of
handling it all and going along
Climbing on my innocence that knows not
to smile in a pretentious tinge
and pass accusations
is most comfortable for one and all
For, my conscience that can melt and rage
when alone, against all injustices
lacks the courage to speak out the truth
in the presence of others.
I am the Rain
that pours torrentially inside the household terrain.
My life is made up of bleeding injuries.
It is those tiny fragments of moments
In this existential crisis of
rising and falling in the Swing of Love
It is those tiny moments when I chance
to stand on it and dance
that lend colour and flavour
to my very existence.
Theepika Theepa
ஆயுளின் ரசங்கள்
------------------------
பட்டென்று வாடிவிடும் செடியென் முகம்.
ஒரு சொல் போதும்
என்னையுடைத்துப் போட.
பார்த்துப் பார்த்து
ஒரு நட்பை உருவாக்க
எனக்கு நீண்ட காலங்கள் தேவை.
அன்பைத் "துளி" தூவினால் போதும்.
நான் கொட்டிக் கொட்டி
கரைந்து போவேன்.
துரோகங்களோடும்
ஏமாற்றங்களோடும்
வளர்ந்து நிற்பதென் வாழ்வு.
சமாளித்துப் போகிற கலையை
இதுவரையென்னால்
கற்றுத் தேறவே முடியவில்லை.
நிறம் மாற்றிப் புன்னகைக்கத் தெரியாத
என் அப்பாவித் தனத்தின் மீதேறி
குற்றம் சாட்டிக் கொள்வது
எல்லோருக்கும் மிகமிக வசதியானது.
எல்லா அநியாயங்களுக்கெதிராகவும்
தனிமையின் அரவணைப்பில்
உருகியுருகி கொப்பளிக்கத் தெரிகிற
என் மனச்சாட்சிக்கு,
எவருக்கெதிரிலும்
உண்மையை உடைத்தெறிகிற துணிவேயில்லை.
வீட்டுக்குள்
அடித்துப் பொழிகிற மழை நான்.
காயங்களாலானது தான் என் ஜீவிதம்.
அன்பின் ஊஞ்சலில்
எழுவதும் விழுவதுமான பிழைப்பில்
நின்றாடுகிற துளிக் கணங்களே
என் ஆயுளின் ரசங்கள்.
தீபிகா

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE