INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, August 26, 2021

SATHIYARAJ RAMAKRISHNAN

 A POEM BY

SATHIYARAJ RAMAKRISHNAN


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

When I saw you from afar
I saw deer in the eyes of tiger.
There the vision
had not yet become one
When I met you
the tiger claw
plunged deep into the deer’s abdomen.
Death was yet to be formed there.
When I slowly go past you
the deer bids farewell to blood.
When I had fully gone off thee
Death must have finally taken shape.
This is how
I wade through you, my love.

Sathiyaraj Ramakrishnan

தூரத்தில் உன்னைப் பார்த்த போது
புலியின் கண்ணில்
மானைப் பார்த்தேன் அம்மு.
பார்வை இன்னும் பார்வையாகவில்லை அங்கே..
உன்னைச் சந்தித்த போது
மானின் வயிற்றில்
ஆழப் புதைந்தது
புலியின் நகம்.
மரணம் இன்னும் வடிவமாக்கப்படவில்லை அங்கே.
மெதுவாய்
உன்னைக் கடக்கிறபோது
இரத்தத்திற்கு விடைகொடுக்கிறது மான்.
நான் உன்னைக்
கடந்து முடித்தபோது
மரணம் அங்கே
வடிவமாகி இருக்க வேண்டும்.
இப்படித்தான் அம்மு கடக்கிறேன் உன்னை..
*
முனைவர்.சத்யா

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE