INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, December 10, 2020

YUGA YUGAN(RENGARAJAN VEERASAMY)'S POEMS(2)

 TWO POEMS BY

YUGA YUGAN

(RENGARAJAN VEERASAMY)


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




(1)

My dream
came to me as a garb
Never in dream have I thought
of being dream-clad.
When I stood stark naked
your hands did feign to be weaving
clothes for me
A person who came along with memories of
his bare-bodied time
gave me his loom.
But that which I am wearing is not of his.
The loom remains there as it is.
My outfit might turn your eyes away
What to do
It is that which my nudity dreamt of
If you had known that my feet would kick the sky
You wouldn’t have rocked my swing – right?
If you want
bring me down
Even then
I would remain
kicking this terrain.

Rengarajan Veerasamy
என் கனவு
எனக்கு ஓர் ஆடையாக கிட்டியது
கனவிலும் நினைத்ததில்லை
என் கனவை
நான் அணிவேனென்று
நான் நிர்வாணமாய் நின்ற போது உங்கள் கரங்கள்
எனக்கான ஆடையைத் தானே
நெய்து கொண்டிருப்பதாய்
பாவனை செய்தது
தன்னுடைய வெற்றுடம்புகால
நினைவுகளோடு வந்த ஒருவன்
அவனது தறியைத் தந்தான்
நான் அணிந்து கொண்டிருப்பது
அவன் தறியை அல்ல
தறி அங்கேயே அப்படியேதானிக்கிறது
என் ஆடை
உங்கள் கண்களை கூசச் செய்யலாம்
என்ன செய்வது
அதைத் தான்
என் அம்மணம் கனவாக கொண்டிருந்து
என் கால்கள்
வானை எற்றுமென கண்டிருந்தால்
என் ஊஞ்சலை
ஆட்டியே இருக்க மாட்டீர்கள் தானே
வேண்டுமானால்
என்னை கீழிறக்கி விடுங்களேன்
அப்போதும் நான்
உதைத்துக் கொண்டுதானிருப்பேன்
இப்பூமியை..


(2)

Not having the heart to cast off
all those caustic words
from thee
I have collected and secured them.
That spot is turning into an arsenal.
Seems like at its core lies the mouth of volcano
Extending I hold my begging bowl
No sooner a word from you lands inside
the weaponry vanishes camphor-like.
From your flower a lone petal drops
and the place fulfilled, overflows.
Oh, what grand phenomenon is that
playing the game of cowrie shells
with this magical cabin
and the miraculous Word _

உன்னிடமிருந்து விழும்
சுடு சொற்களை எல்லாம்
குப்பையிலிட மனமின்றி
கூட்டிச் சேகரித்து வைத்திருக்கிறேன்
அவ்விடம் ஒர் ஆயுதக்கிடங்காய்
ஆகிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது
அதன் மத்தியிலிருந்து தான்
எரிமலைவாய் போல்
ஏந்திப் பிடிக்கிறேன் என் திருவோட்டை
உன் உதட்டிலிருந்து
ஒரு சொல் வந்து விழுந்ததும்
காணாமல் போய்விட்டன
ஆயுதங்கள் கற்பூரமாய்
உன் மலரிலிருந்து
ஒர் இதழ் உதிர்கிறது
நிரம்பி வழிகிறது அவ்விடம்
இந்த
அதிசய அறையையும்
அதிசயச் சொல்லையும்
வைத்துச் சோழியாடும்
பேரதிசயம் எது.
- யுகயுகன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024