INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Friday, December 11, 2020

ILANGO KRISHNAN'S POEM

 A POEM BY

ILANGO KRISHNAN



Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

IMPRINT
My unshared secrets of the world within
I have turned into rivers that articulate
in a resounding voice
My deep affections unused and hardened
I have turned into hillocks
My unrealized nightmares
I have turned into stars
My Times aflame being alive
I sprayed it on all the Spaces
My body that remained unclaimed
I would give it to the soil
Then, on a day
in the eyes of He who
at odd hour
inhaling air
walking on the earth
ascending the mountains
bathing in the river
keep gazing at the star
I would sprout
as a tear-drop
and bloom in his lips
as a smile.
(To ISAI and SUKUMARAN)
Kaayachandigai - 2007
Ilango Krishnan
சுவடு
பகிரப்படாத
என் அந்தரங்கங்களை
பெருங்குரலெடுத்துப் பேசிச் சொல்லும்
நதிகளாக்கினேன்
புழங்காது இறுகிய
என் பிரியங்களை
மலைக் குன்றங்களாக்கினேன்
நிறைவேறாத
என் துர்கனவுகளை
விண்மீன்களாக்கினேன்
வாழ்ந்தெரித்த
என் காலங்களை
வெளிகளில் தூவினேன்
எவரும் கோராத
என் உடலை
மண்ணுக்குத் தருவேன்
பின் ஒரு நாள்
அகாலத்தில்
காற்றைச் சுவாசித்து
மண்ணில் நடந்து
மலைகளில் ஏறி
நதியில் குளித்து
விண்மீன் பார்ப்பவன்
கண்களில் துளிர்ப்பேன்
துளிக் கண்ணீராய்
இதழ்களில் மலர்வேன்
ஒரு புன்னகையாய்

(இசைக்கும் சுகுமாரனுக்கும்)

- காயசண்டிகை 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE