INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, December 10, 2020

RAGAVAPRIYAN THEJESWI'S POEM

 A POEM BY

RAGAVAPRIYAN THEJESWI


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnna(*First Draft)




I am a thin blade of Grass, of course….
Finding pleasure in the warmth of those feet
that stamp on me.
In the ferocious stamping of wild animals
feeling and experiencing
the absurdity of jungle
and the hazards and hardships therein.
When the Herbivorous go on trampling
Chlorophylls turn into phosphorous inside.
When the Carnivorous continuously stomping hard
they catch fire.
That no rain of peace can extinguish the
fire of parched grassland wild fire,
you know very well
As I engulf all too quickly the portion of earth
due to me
people keep trampling on me.
That stomping is human nature
and it is the duty of the grassland to give way _
They pen poetry.
‘Hey you Death the Tyrant, I regard you as but mere grass’
As the Eternal poet Bharathi himself had spoken of me
with regard
I pardon the poets.
In the stomping feet of the sportspersons
In the playgrounds
and those of children in parks
I adorn myself with new attires.
There are no poets in any language
who have not written about the dewdrops on me.
The way I moved aside and made room for you
You call now the passage
whether elephants or cats trample on me
storing the greenery of infinity
will I surely sprout.
This I declare in all humility.
Ragavapriyan Thejeswi
நானொரு புல்தான்...
என்னை மிதிக்கும்
கால்களின் வெப்பத்தில்
சுகம் காணும் சின்னவன்..
மிருகக் கால்களின் வேகமிதிப்பில்
காடுகளின் முட்டாள் தனத்தையும்
அதிலுள்ள கடுமைகளையும்
உள் வாங்கி உணர்பவன்..
தாவர உண்ணிகள்
தொடர்ந்து மிதிக்கையில்
என்னுள் பச்சையங்கள் கந்தகமாகின்றன.
மாமிச உண்ணிகள்
கனமாய் மிதிக்கையில்
அவை தீப்பற்றிக் கொள்கின்றன..
எந்தச் சமாதான மழையாலும்
காய்ந்த காட்டுப் புல் தீயைத்
தணிக்கவியலாதென்பதை நீங்கள் அறிவீர்கள்..
எனக்கான பூமித் தரையை
நான் விரைந்து ஆக்கிரமித்துவிடுவதால்
மனிதர்கள் என்னை
மிதித்துக் கொண்டேயிருக்கிறார்கள்..
மிதிப்பது மனித குணமென்றும்
வழி விடுவதே புல்லின் கடமையென்றும்
கவியெழுதி விடுகிறார்கள்..
காலா உன்னைச் சிறு புல்லென மதிக்கிறேன்
என பாரதியே எனக்கு
மரியாதை செய்ததால்
நான் கவிஞர்களை மன்னித்துவிடுகிறேன்..
விளையாட்டுத் திடலில்
விளையாட்டு வீரர்களின் மிதியலிலும்
பூங்காக்களில் குழந்தைக் கால்களின் மிதியலிலும்
நான் புத்தாடை உடுத்திக் கொள்கிறேன்..
என் மீதான பனித் துளியை
எழுதாத கவிஞர்கள்
எந்த மொழியிலும் இல்லை...
நான் விலகி நின்று
வழி விட்டதைத் தான்
நீங்கள் இப்போது பாதை என்கிறீர்கள்..
என்னை யானைகள் மிதித்தாலும்
பூனைகள் மிதித்தாலும்
மரணமற்ற பசுமை தேக்கி
மீண்டும் துளிர்த்து விடுவேன் என்பதை
பணிவுடன் சொல்லிக் கொள்கிறேன்..
ராகவபிரியன்

1 comment:

  1. THANK U SO MUCH REVERED SISTER...MY PRANAMS TO YOU...VANAKKANGALUDAN..ANBAN...RAGAVAPRIYAN

    ReplyDelete

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE