INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

RIMZA MOHAMED

 A POEM BY

RIMZA MOHAMED

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


ANGUISH


In the angst of loneliness
your telephone calls
became my saviour, my son.
After you left me
abiding by the commandment of Time
sorrows became my soul mates.
I could apprehend Minutes
as but Eons.
Wonder whether you are aware
of my ears doing penance
Just to hear the resonance of
your voice, my son...
Thinking that you would arrive
Today or Tomorrow
I stay alive.
Expecting the days to tie wheels
in their legs and flee
They in fact creep tortoise-like, you see _
more and more
tormenting me to the core.
My Son
You, gone abroad, soon after marriage
not coming to see your Mother dear
has torn apart her heart, I swear.
My precious Son
It is to see you
I stay alive.
Come back just once
so that I can see you
Won’t you, my son…..
Rimza Mohamed

தவிப்பு!

தனிமையின் தவிப்பில்
உன்
தொலைபேசி அழைப்புகள்தான்
எனக்கு துணையாகின..
நீ
காலத்தின்
கட்டளைக்கிணங்க
என்னை விட்டுப்போன பின்
துயரங்களே
என் தோழியாகின..
நிமிடங்களின் நகர்வுகள்
எனக்குப் புரிந்தது
யுகங்களாகத்தான்!
உன்
குரல் கேட்பதற்காகவே
என் செவிகள்
தவமிருந்ததை
நீ அறிவாயோ என்னவோ?
எனைப் பார்க்க
இன்று வருவாய்..
இல்லையில்லை
நாளை வருவாய்
என்றெண்ணியே
என் வாழ்நாள் கழிகிறது!
நாட்கள் சக்கரம் பூட்டி
ஓடும் என்று பார்த்தால்
அவையோ
ஆமை வேகத்தில் நகர்ந்து
என் உயிரை வதைக்கிறது!
என் குழந்தாய்..
திருமணம் முடித்து
வெளிநாடு போன நீ..
இந்தத் தாயைப்
பார்க்க வராமல்
இதயத்தைப் பிளந்தாய்!
மகனே..
உனைக் காணவே
உயிரோடிருக்கிறேன்..
ஒரே ஒருமுறை வந்து
பார்த்துவிட்டுப் போ!!!
வெலிகம ரிம்ஸா முஹம்மத்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE