INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

PRAMILA PRADEEPAN

A POEM BY
PRAMILA PRADEEPAN


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
That the night has two wide eyes I have seen. And have turned terror-stricken.
After looking at the eyes for a long time and getting accustomed to them the spread of a dot of shine seeping through some tiny hole somewhere has shown me the cornea too of those two eyes.
The night-time elongating vision of those eyes in my house alone or throughout the passage of the overall space of the Globe
I am at a loss to ascertain. But the eyes that gaze at me fixedly on all nights probing me, I do see quiet straight
so the passing days have begun their mission of imparting in me this realization that instead of growing apprehensive about those eyes that pierce through me day-in and day-out and pushing them aside
it is only through initiating a mutual kinship with them
I can wade through Nights _
Pramila Pradeepan

இரவிற்கு இருபெரும் விழிகள் இருப்பதை நான் கண்டிருக்கிறேன். கண்டு பயந்துமிருக்கிறேன். நீண்ட நேரமாய் அக்கண்களையே பார்த்து பரிச்சயப்பட்டபின் எங்கோ சிறு துவாரத்தினூடு கசிந்து பரவும் ஒரு புள்ளி ஒளியின் பரவுகை அக்கண்களின் விழிவெண்படலத்தையும் எனக்கு காட்டிக்கொடுத்திருக்கிறது.
அவ்விழிகளின் இராக்கால பார்வைநீட்சி என் வீட்டில் மட்டுந்தானா இல்லை உலகின் ஒட்டுமொத்த இடங்களின் வழியிலுமாவென்பதை நானறியேன். ஆனால் எப்போதுமாய் இரவு பொழுதுகளில் சிமிட்டாது என்னை அவதானிக்கும் அவ்விழிகளை நான் நேருக்கு நேர் சந்திக்கிறேன்.
சதா என்னை உற்றுநோக்கும் அக்கண்களை தள்ளிவைத்து மிரளுவதை விட அதனுடன் பரஸ்பர ஸ்னேகத்தை ஏற்படுத்துவதனூடாக மாத்திரமே என்னால் இரவு பொழுதுகளை கடக்கவியலும் என்பதையும் நாட்களின் நகர்தல்கள் எனக்கு உணர்த்த தொடங்கியிருக்கின்றன.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE