INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, October 5, 2020

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR'S POEM

 A POEM BY 

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

MY CONTINUING COMMUNION 
WITH DARKNESS

In each and all nights the door of my room
would remain wide-opened
In the midnight sans an iota of noise
who at all would come inside my cabin….
I who remained crouched inside my blanket
finding the direction of air’s entry
let my eyes wander on all sides.
There pervaded the countenance of darkness.
Removing the coarse and uneven of the dark
I enter inside.
Darkness is real vast.
Its depth and density increased
with every passing minute.
It thought that I was in love with it.
My search might have made it think so.
Just as what the Darkness has thought
I do love the dark.
Its formless expanse
Its snowy beauty
Its massive length sans smell
_ all and more must have enthralled me.
My principles
seekings ¬_
Darkness has devoured it all.
Darkness is all pervasive
I feel as if I have lost myself.
Now I have become its slave.
The darkness moves towards the dawn.
Not welcoming its move
I pull it inside and
shroud me all over.



இருளுடன் நீளும் உறவு

ஒவ்வொரு இரவுகளிலும்
எனது அறைக்கதவு திறந்து கிடக்கும்
எதுவுமே அரவமில்லா நடுநிசியில்
யார் வரக்கூடும் எனதறைக்குள்..
போர்வைக்குள் பம்மியிருந்த நான்
காற்றின் உட்புகும் திசையறிந்து
கண்களை மேயவிடுகிறேன்.
அங்கு இருளின் முகம் பரவியிருந்தது
நான் இருளின் கரடுமுரடுகளை விலக்கி நுழைகிறேன்.
இருள் விசாலமானது
அதன் கனதி நிமிடத்துக்கு நிமிடம்
அதிகரித்துச்சென்றது.
நான் இருளை காதல் செய்வதாக
அது நினைத்துக்கொண்டது
என் தேடல் இருளுக்கு அவ்வாறான
உணர்வை ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கலாம்.
இருள் எண்ணியது போல்
நான் இருளை காதலிக்கிறேன்
அதன் உருவமற்ற படலம்
அதன் பனிவிழுங்கிய அழகு
வாசனையில்லாமல் படர்ந்திருக்கும் நீளம்
அத்தனையும் என்னை வசப்படுத்தியிருக்கலாம்.
எனது இலட்சியங்களையும்
தேடலையும்
இருள் ஆக்கிரமித்துவிட்டது
நான் என்னை இழந்ததுபோல்
உணர்கிறேன்.
இப்போது
நான் அதன் அடிமையாகிவிட்டேன்
இருள் விடியலை நோக்கி நகர்கிறது
நான் அதன் நகர்வை விரும்பாமல்
மீண்டும் என்னுள் இழுத்து போர்த்திக்கொள்கிறேன்.
~~~~~~
05.09.2020
மாரிமுத்து சிவகுமார். 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE