INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, October 5, 2020

PON ILAVENIL.B’S POEM

 A POEM BY

PON ILAVENIL.B.

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


ELIZABETH TEACHER
As solace to the feelings moist and oozing
even after all these years
in the voice of Elizabeth teacher spraying language
those words
turn out to be the wonder of the hour.
Yet
In that magical ladder of imagination
I climb all by myself even today
Just as me
For father and mother also
Elizabeth teacher was the class teacher.
But were there ladders for them
I wonder
With my ladders hidden
inside me alone
Every now and then I undertake
clandestine journey
to sky and earth
to and fro
Voyages within me
are so fascinating indeed.

எலிசபெத் டீச்சர்
______
இத்தனை ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகும்
கசியும் உணர்வுகளுக்கு ஆறுதலாக
மொழியை தூவிய
எலிசபெத் டீச்சர் குரலில்
அந்த வார்த்தைகள்
அந்த நேரத்திற்கு அற்புதமாகிறது
எனில்
மந்திரமிக்க
அந்தக் கற்பனை ஏணியில்
இன்றும்
துணையின்றி ஏறுகிறேன்
என்னைப் போலவே
அப்பாவிற்கும் அம்மாவிற்கும்
எலிசபெத் டீச்சரே தான்
வகுப்பு ஆசிரியர்
ஆனால்
அவர்களுக்கு
ஏணிகள் இருந்தனவா தெரியவில்லை
எனது ஏணிகள் எனக்குள் மட்டுமே மறைந்திருக்க
அவ்வப்பொழுது ரகசியமாக
வானுக்கும் பூமிக்குமாக
போய் வந்துகொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
பயணங்கள் எனக்குள்
அவ்வளவு வசீகரமானது
(நன்றி.. நீரோடை வலை ஒளி)
Pon Elavenil B

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE