INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, October 5, 2020

ILAMPIRAI'S POEM

 A POEM BY

ILAMPIRAI


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE TRUSTWORTHY FEW….

The sorrows choking me did I bewail looking at the Tulip buds
When they bloomed and fanned
I was moved
learning those words of solace.
I shared with the crows sitting on the antenna.
It cawed and flew off
caring and empathizing.
Looking into the cat’s marble eyes
I related.
As if saying “Don’t worry, I am here’
with its tail rubbing it drew closer
and sat by my side.
I merged with the river water
It sent the Hibiscus flower that it had worn
to bump at my feet and stopped me,
as saying, “Pick it up and wipe your eyes’.
I shared with the cabin
filled with memories and air
crying non-stop
It made me pen poetry.
I should’ve left it at that
without confiding in you.

இளம்பிறையின் கவிதை
நம்பத்தகுந்த சில...
நெஞ்சடைக்கும் துயரங்களைப்
பூவரச மொட்டுகள் பார்த்து
புலம்பினேன்
பூத்து விசிறியபோது
அறிந்து நெகிழ்ந்தேன்
அதன் ஆறுதல் மொழியை.
ஆன்டனாவில் அமர்ந்திருந்த
காகத்திடம் சொன்னேன்.
கரைந்து... பறந்தது
பகிர்தலாய்.
பூனையின் பளிங்கு‚ கண் பார்த்து
கூறினேன்
‘நானிருக்கிறேன்’என்பதாய்
வால் உரச நெருங்கி
உட்கார்ந்துகொண்டது என்னோடு.
நதி நீரில் கலந்தேன்
சூடிச்சென்ற செம்பருத்திப்பூவை
கால்களில் மோதச்செய்து நிறுத்தியது.
‘எடுத்து கண்களை துடைத்துக்கொள்’ என்பதாக.
நினைவுகளும் காற்றும் நிரம்பிய
அறையிடம் அழுதழுது சொன்னேன்
கவியெழுத வைத்தது.
விட்டிருக்கலாம் நான் அத்துடன்
உன்னிடம் கூறாமல்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE