INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, October 5, 2020

ABDUL JAMEEL'S POEM(1)

 A POEM BY

ABDUL JAMEEL

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


ALINEATION

Alienation is not something new to us.
It has been happening
all along the course of history.
Now I too dreading death is left all alone
in a closed room
and thus alienated.
I am not able to see the splendid beauty
of the universe that spreads wide open
sans frontiers
I am alienated from all the places so pleasant
that I have been fortunate enough
to feast my eyes on
and much more.
The hues and shades of rainbow
or the fireflies studying the dark
I am not able to keep gazing on
in amazement and admiration.
Am not able enjoy to my heart’s content
the sweet songs of she who has come into my life
as its extension
or the resonance of my children’s
laughter so pristine
Something invisible has broken my legs
that danced non-stop
and has alienated me from the venue too.
Just as I have become alienated
You too might be turning an alien
to your kith and kin or someone.
Of course in moments when we feel helpless
in the face of existential crisis
estrangement becomes something inevitable
between us.
But the way dreading something invisible
we have turned aliens
is what surprises me and saddens me
_ Alas , the tyranny of Time.
Now I am gradually turning into an alien
to this world I live in.
ஜமீல்
அன்னியமாகுதல்
அன்நியமாகுதல் ஒன்றும்
நமக்கு புதிதானதோர் விடயமல்ல
வரலாறு நெடுகிலும்
அது நிகழ்ந்து கொண்டுதான் வந்திருக்கிறது
இப்போது நானும் மரணத்திற்கு அஞ்சி
மூடிய அறைக்குள் தனித்துவிடப்பட்டு அன்னியமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறேன்
எல்லைகளற்று திறந்து கிடக்கும்
பிரபஞ்சத்தின் பேரழகினை
என்னால் பார்க்க முடியாதுள்ளது
நான் தரிசி்த்த வெளிகளின்
ரம்மியமான இடங்கள் முதற் கொண்டு
எல்லாமே அன்னியமாகி விட்டன
வானவில்லின் வர்ணங்களையோ
இருளை வாசிக்கும் மின்மினிகளையோ
என்னல் தெவிட்டும் வரை
வியந்து ரசிக்க முடியவில்லை
எனது வாழ்வின் தொடர்ச்சியாக வந்தவளின்
இனிமையான பாடல்களையோ
மகவுகளின் கள்ளங் கபடமற்ற
சிரிப்புச் சப்தங்களையோ
மெய் மறந்து கேட்க முடியவில்லை
உருவமற்ற ஒன்று ஓயாது நடனமாடிய
எனது கால்களை ஒடித்து
அரங்கிலிருந்தும் அன்னியமாக்கிவிட்டது
நான் அன்னியமாகி இருப்பது போன்று
இன்னேரம் நீங்களும் ரத்த உறவுகளிடமிருந்து
அன்றி யாரோ ஒருத்தரிடமிருந்து
அன்னியமாகிக் கொண்டிருக்கலாம்
வாழ்தலின் நெருக்குதலில்
ஈடு கொடுக்க முடியாத் தருணங்களில்
நமக்கிடையும் அவ்வப்போது அன்னியமாகுதல் தவிர்க்க முடியாது சாத்தியமாகி விடுகின்றன
ஆனால் அருவமற்ற ஒன்றால் உயிருக்கஞ்சி
அன்னியமாகி இருப்பதுதான்
ஆச்சர்யத்திலும் ஆச்சர்யமாகவும்
காலக் கொடுமையாகவும் இருக்கிறது
இப்போது உலகிடமிருந்து மெது மெதுவாக
நான் அன்னியமாகிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE