INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, April 22, 2021

S.J.BABIYAN

 A POEM BY

S.J.BABIYAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



CLAY HORSE
With the desire to travel
I asked for the price of a horse.
Hearing the price screamed aloud
I shrank in shame.
I thought of creating a horse for myself
My instinct told me to make a horse
to my heart’s content
with the clay beside the well
and after leaving it to dry
ascend it and go on a gala procession.
In available place
I scratched a horizontal line.
In the parts I had kept apart
One for the head
One for the torso
One for the hands
One for the legs
I applied a dot the way I wished.
The limbs of the horse
began to grow splendidly.
Didn’t set aside any place
for the tail.
I allowed it to grow all over the ground.
The horse grew by leaps and bound.
In the morning
spending some time
I joined them carefully.
The stallion looked splendid.
The day of commencing my journey
arriving
restraining my heart turned ecstatic
and my legs all too energized
climbing on the serene stallion
I set foot on the river.
With minutes moving on
the horse too went ahead.
Now
searching for the lost horse
I voyaged through the river.

மண் குதிரை

பயணப்பட ஆசைப்பட்டு
குதிரை ஒன்றை விலை கேட்டேன்.
கூவி விற்ற விலை கேட்டு
கூனி போனேன்.
எனக்கென ஒரு குதிரை
வடிக்க நினைத்தேன்.
எங்கள் தோட்டத்தில்
கிணற்றுக்கு அருகில்
இருந்த களி மண்ணில்
மனதிற்கு இதமாய்
அழகாய் அமைத்து
காய்ந்த பின்னே ஊர்வலம் போக
உள்ளுணர்வு சொல்லிட்டு.
கிடைத்த இடத்தில்
கிடையாக கோடு கீறினேன்.
தலைக்கு ஒன்றும்
முண்டத்திற்கு ஒன்றும்
கைகளுக்கு ஒன்றும்
கால்களுக்கு ஒன்றுமாக
பிரித்து வைத்த பகுதிகளில்
எனக்கு பிடித்தபடி புள்ளி
வைத்தேன்.
குதிரையின் அங்கங்கள்
குறையின்றி
வளரத்தொடங்கியது.
வாலுக்கு ஓரிடமும்
ஒதுக்கீடு செய்யவில்லை
தரையெங்கும் பரவிட
இடம் கொடுத்தேன்.
வேகமாய் வளர்ந்தது
குதிரை.
காலைப்பொழுதில்
நேரம் ஒதுக்கி
கவனமாக இணைத்தேன்.
அழகாய் இருந்தது
குதிரை
பயணப்பட நாளும் வந்திட
பரவசப்பட்ட மனதையும்
பரபரப்பான கால்களையும் அடக்கி
பதட்டமில்லாத குதிரை மீதமர்ந்து ஆற்றில் கால் பதித்தேன்.
நிமிடங்கள் நகர்ந்திட
குதிரையும் நகர்ந்தது.
இப்போது
தொலைந்து போன குதிரையைத்தேடி
ஆற்றுவழியே பயணப்பட்டேன்.

செ.ஜெ.பபியான்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE