INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, April 24, 2021

K.MOHANARANGAN

 A POEM BY

K.MOHANARANGAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE KNOT
After pleas aplenty
After waiting endlessly
Eventually
Having mercy on me
and alighting from
a height far too up above
On the tip of love extended by thee
a knot there, I could see.
Trying to untie it in vain
It is in the end
I have found
that expanding it a bit
if I were to insert
as if measured impeccably
It fits just right
round my throat.

முடிச்சு:

அவ்வளவு
வேண்டுதல்களுக்குப் பிறகு
அத்தனை
காத்திருத்தல்களுக்குப் பின்பு
இறுதியாய்
இரங்கி வந்து
எட்டாத உயரத்திலிருந்து
நீ
நீட்டிய
அன்பின் நுனியில்
ஒரு முடிச்சிருந்தது.
அதை
அவிழ்க்க முயன்று
தோற்றவன்
கடைசியாகத்தான்
கண்டு கொண்டேன்
அதைச் சற்றே
விரித்து நுழைத்தால்
அளவெடுத்தாற்போல
அவ்வளவு கச்சிதமாய்ப் பொருந்துகிறது
என் கழுத்திற்கு

- க. மோகனரங்கன்



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE