INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Friday, March 19, 2021

YAVANIKA SRIRAM

 A POEM BY

YAVANIKA SRIRAM

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
In the Neon light of the playground
Rain has stopped.
You must be gulping Beer with your buddies.
He who says ‘don’t trust any female’ is your dearest friend.
I am taking pills
You must be holding your head and sitting there.
You know not how much I love you.
I am not crying
Your messages are that bad.
I am taken along
in the nude
All are wearing attires
Clasping your hands
like the ‘Kaanthal’ flower blossoming in time
for revealing to them ecstatically
my resolve
I have lost the patience involved.
Idiot
I am not crying
I like not being instructed by anyone
My hands can give out ‘Mudras’ of worshipping god.
I am in a peculiarly unique posture
Your cleverness that has seen my countenance
where an insignificant sin flashes and ceases to be
is shameful indeed.
Dissecting the private organ of frogs
I have entrusted them.
Kittens and also dogs
rub against my face.
Killing them softly for your sake
Is not just the pleasure of bearing the pain
but also for the fantasies of committing suicide at the
precise stage.
That rejects plains. Further it
has never entrusted anything in my hands.
ere my soft muscles turn dry and shrunken
the song of young tombs have I left
In our midst.

YAVANIKA SRIRAM

விளையாட்டு மைதானத்தின்
நியான் ஒளியில் மழை ஓய்ந்துவிட்டது
உன் நண்பர்களுடன் பியர் குடித்துக்கொண்டிருப்பாய்
எவளையும் நம்பாதே என்பவன் உன் அத்தியந்தன்
நான் பில்ஸ்களை எடுத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
தலையைப் பிடித்துக்கொண்டு
அமர்ந்திருப்பாய்
உனைக்குத்தெரியாது உன்னை எவ்வளவுநேசிக்கிறேன் என்று
நான் அழுதுகொண்டிருக்கவில்லை
நீ அனுப்பும் செய்திகள் அவ்வளவு மோசம்
அழைத்துச் செல்லப்பட்டிருக்கிறேன்
நிர்வாணமாக
எல்லோரும் ஆடையணிந்துள்ளார்கள்
உன்கைகளைப்பற்றி பருவத்தில் மலரும் காந்தளைப் போல
என் உறுதியை அவர்களிடம் குதூகலிக்க பொறுமை இழந்துள்ளேன்
முட்டாள்
நான் ஒன்றும் அழுது கொண்டிருக்கவில்லை
வேறு
யாராலும் அறிவுறுத்தப்படுவதை விரும்பவில்லை
என்கைகள் கடவுளை வணங்கும் முத்திரைகளால் அபிநயக்கக்கூடியது
விஷேசமானதொரு பாவனையில் இருக்கிறேன்
சிறு குற்றம் மின்னி மறையும் என்முகத்தை கண்டுவிட்ட
உங்கள் புத்திசாலித்தனம்கேவலமானது
தவளைகளின் உள்ளுறுப்பை பாகமிட்டு ஒப்படைத்திருக்கிறேன்
குட்டிப் பூனைகள் நாய்களும்
என்முகத்தை உ ரசுகின்றன
அவற்றை மென்மையாக உங்களின் பொருட்டுகொலை செய்வது வலியை
ஏற்கும் இன்பம் மட்டுமல்ல
பிராயத்தில் தற்கொலை செய்து கொள்வது பற்றிய புனைவுகளுக்காகவும்தான்
அது சமவெளியை நிராகரிக்கிறது மேலும் அது
எதையும் என்வசம் ஒப்படைக்கவில்லை
இளம் கல்லறைகள் பற்றிய பாடலை
என் பூந்தசைகள் உலர்ந்து வற்றும் முன்
நம்மிடையே
விட்டுச்சென்றிருக்கிறேன்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE