INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, September 3, 2022

ATHMAJIV

 TWO POEMS BY

ATHMAJIV


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan


1. THE VISION
Indeed I am walking on the sky _ Oh yes,
See for yourself
The shadows of my legs
keep strolling in the earth
On the skyway
my footprints don’t leave a trail
Dividing the Moon into two
and holding them in both my hands
_ All for fun, you see.
If looked intently
My very own eyes – they could be
I collect a few water-fetching clouds
and carry them in my bag
to drink when I feel thirsty
From the painting brush of
an unknown artiste
the greenish blue hue-mix is
sprayed
I move a little away
It is absolutely out of place in
the yellow-colour upper-wear
I speak of the ocean only
On returning to the ground
for resting a while
hugging close the sleep
that would be waiting for me in my cot
I would sleep fast.

தரிசனம்

வானத்தின் மீதுதான்
நடந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
நன்றாக பாருங்கள்
எனது கால்களின் நிழல்கள்
பூமியில் அலைந்தபடி இருக்கிறது
வான்பாதையில்
எனது காலடித் தடங்கள் பதிவதில்லை
நிலவை இரண்டாக்கி இரண்டு கைகளிலும்
ஏந்திக் கொண்டிருப்பதும்கூட
வேடிக்கைக்காகத்தான்
உற்று நோக்கினால்
எனது கண்களாகக்கூட இருக்கக்கூடும்
நீர்சுமந்த சில மேகங்களை
எனது பையில் எடுத்துச் செல்கிறேன்
தாகமெடுக்கும்பொழுது அருந்துவதற்காக
யாரோ ஒரு ஓவியனின் தூரிகையிலிருந்து
நீலப்பச்சை வர்ணக்கலவை தெளிக்கப்படுகிறது
நான் சற்று நகர்ந்து கொள்கிறேன்.
மஞ்சள்நிற மேலாடையில்
சற்றும் பொருந்துவதில்லை அது
சமுத்திரத்தை பற்றிதான் கூறுகிறேன்
ஓய்வுக்காக மண்ணுக்கு திரும்பும்போது
என் அறைக்கட்டிலில் காத்திருக்கும்
உறக்கத்தை அணைத்தபடி
தூங்கி விடுவேன்
ஆத்மாஜீவ்

(2)
Yes it is He
Yes, of course, It is indeed He
The one who is wandering here and there
is He; He alone.
With Hope
as raindrops
and as thorns
He is walking along the same passage
with bare feet chilled
leaving trails with warm blood oozing
The prime-root making a u-turn
tearing open the earth and climbing up
looks at the sky
The expectation flowing out of its eyes
A hope
A throb
A fatigue
Yes
It is He
Indeed it is He

ஆமாம் அவன்தான்
அவனேதான் அது
ஆடைகளற்று நடுத்தெருவில்
அங்குமிங்கும் அலைந்து கொண்டிருப்பது
அவன் அவனேதான்.
நம்பிக்கை
மலர்களாகவும்
மழைத் துளிகளாகவும்
முட்களாகவும்
அதே சாலையில்தான் நடக்கிறான்
வெறுமையான பாதங்கள் சில்லிட
கதகதப்பாக
ரத்தம் கசியும் சுவடுகளுடன்
ஆணிவேர் திரும்பி
நிலத்தைக் கிழித்துக் கொண்டு மேலேறி
வானத்தைப் பார்க்கிறது
அதன் கண்களில் வழியும் ஆவல்
ஒரு நம்பிக்கை
ஒரு துடிப்பு
ஒரு சோர்வு
ஆமாம்
அவன்தான் அது
அவனேதான்

ஆத்மாஜீவ்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE