INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, September 3, 2022

THEEPIKA THEEPA

 A POEM BY

THEEPIKA THEEPA

(Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



DEATH DECEPTIVE
I uttered a lie
It was something relevant to tell those irrelevant ones.
Later on, one day
when the lie was about to be caught
I saved it with another lie.
My forests expanded with lies
My streams overflowed with lies.
Counting all the false accounts
has become the daily chore
of all my nights.
I remained the monarch of Lies’ Regime.
They carried me in palanquin.
When someone gifted me wholeheartedly.
the award for the Righteous One
lies stole away my sleep in secrecy.
When I vowed on the faces of those
falling, with their lies turning
into smithereens
My lies not yet caught
smiled, biting the lips.
Yesterday I had breathed my last
Due to heart attack.
say all others
But my lies and myself do realize
that I have died because of my lies.
Theepika Theepa
பொய்ச்சாவு
--------------------
நானொரு பொய் சொன்னேன்.
தேவையில்லாதவர்களுக்குச் சொல்லத்
தேவைப்பட்ட பொருளது.
பின்னொரு நாளில்
அந்தப் பொய் பிடிபடவிருந்த கணத்தில்
மேலுமொரு புதுப் பொய்யால் சமாளித்தேன்.
பொய்களால் வளர்தன எனது காடுகள்.
பொய்களால் வளர்ந்தன எனது இரவுகள்.
பொய்களால் பெருகின
எனது பொய்கைகள்.
எல்லாப் பொய்க் கணக்குகளையும்
அடுக்கியடுக்கி சரிபார்ப்பதே
என் இரவுகளின் வேலையாயிற்று.
நான்
பொய்களின் ராசாவாக இருந்தேன்.
அவையென்னை பல்லக்கில் சுமந்தன.
ஒரு நேர்மையாளனுக்கான பரிசை
யாரோ எனக்கு உவந்தளித்த பொழுது
பொய்கள் என்னை
இரகசியமாகத் துயிலுரிந்தன.
பொய்யுடைய விழுகிறவர்களின் முகத்தில்
நான் சத்தியம் பறைகிறபோது
உதடு கடித்துப் புன்னகைத்தன
என் பிடிபடாத பொய்கள்.
திடீரென்று நேற்று நான்
மாரடைப்பால் செத்துப் போனேன்
என்கிறார்கள் எல்லோரும்.
எனக்கும்
என் பொய்களுக்கும் தெரியும்
நான் பொய்களால் செத்தேன் என்பது.
---- XXX ---

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE