INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, September 3, 2022

FATHIMA NALEERA

 A POEM BY

FATHIMA NALEERA

(Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

My voice has not yet reached you
Wonder what blocks the way en route
Gulping the drink called smile
with sweet and sour flavours
combined
Bearing the gloom of a terrible misery
I keep walking
With a fine portrait breaking into smithereens
In the blood streaming out
all over the place
I keep searching for my eyes…..
Gathering a basketful of my songs of sorrow
I will compose a beautiful dream….
Only when the Moon turned into a meteor
I realized
That, in the sky
Jubair- the celestial birds, are
yet to fly.

எனது குரல் இன்னும் உன்னை
வந்து சேரவில்லை...
இடையில் எது தடுக்கிறது என்று
புரியவில்லை....
இனிப்பும் கசப்பும்
கலந்த புன்னகை பானத்தை
அருந்திக் கொண்டே....
ஒரு துயரப் பெருநிழலை
நான் சுமந்தபடி நடக்கிறேன்...
அழகான சித்திரம் சிதறுண்டு
பாதையெங்கும் ஓடிடும்
குருதியோட்டத்தில்...நான்
எனது விழிகளை தேடி் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்....
ஒரு கூடைநிறைய -என்
துயரத்தின் பாடல்களை எடுத்து
அழகான கனவொன்றை இசையமைத்துக் கொள்வேன்...
நிலவு எரிநட்சத்திரமாக
மாறியபோதுதான்
நான் புரிந்துக் கொண்டேன்
வானத்தில் இன்னமும்
சுவனப்பறவைகள் பறக்கவில்லையென்று.....
----பாத்திமா நளீரா—

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE