INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, September 3, 2022

KUGAI MA.PUGAZHENDHI

 A POEM BY

KUGAI MA.PUGAZHENDHI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

I have come too far away
Beyond anybody’s reach.
Not losing my way
Along a clear-cut passage
I have arrived here.
Standing atop I peeped
With the hope of finding some kith and kin
or friends
or someone endowed with the milk of human kindness
who could instill in me a sense of belonging
But, none to be seen
Looking above and below
As far as my eyes could travel
the barrenness of sky prevailed.
The patches of cloud at the peak
And the birds that intrude
Hurry past as if declaring
You and I are in no way connected
No kinship nor friendship
In pits and holes
rocks here and there
Men along the way also
presenting the same atmosphere
declaring so a lot of rolling
I am walking along the desolate void
that has surfaced
along the course where the river
had once flowed
Yet
thoroughly moist
throbs my heart.

குகை மா.புகழேந்தி

யாரும் நெருங்க முடியாத
தூரத்திற்கு வந்துவிட்டேன்
வழிதவறியல்ல
தெளிவான பாதையிலேயே
இம்முனையை வந்தடைந்தேன்
உச்சியிலிருந்து எட்டிப் பார்த்தேன்
நமக்கென உறவுகளோ நட்புகளோ
உயிர்த்தெழும் மனிதமுள்ள யாரோ
எதிர்ப்படுவார்களென...
யாருமில்லை
நிமிர்ந்து குனிந்து
நோக்கிய எல்லைவரை
வான் வெறுமை
உச்சியில் மேகத்திட்டுகள்
குறுக்கிடும் பறவைகள்
ஐயோ உனக்கும் எனக்கும்
ஒட்டுமில்லை உறவுமில்லை
என்று விரைகிற ஒரு நழுவல்
பள்ளத்தில் ஆங்காங்கே பாறைகள்
கடந்து செல்லும் மனிதர்களும் அப்படியே
என்றபடி பல உருளல்
நதியோடிய பாதையில்
நிகழ்ந்துவிட்ட வெறிச்சோடலில்
நடந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறேன் ஆயினும்
ஈரம் சொட்டும் மனசோடு.





No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE