INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, September 3, 2022

KARUNAKARAN SIVARASA

 A POEM BY

KARUNAKARAN SIVARASA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

On a rainy season
Losing his blanket
God requested me to search and find it
He had misplaced his umbrella also somewhere,
he said.
You have lost it, I said.
I had stolen it said god.
In a sunny season
I retrieved his blanket and gave it to him
Upon his umbrella
Pumpkin plants were widespread
Snake-gourds sprouted and hanging
Fearing snakes he had moved faraway, observed God.
Serpentines live in luscious grandeur near me said I
As birthday present God gifted his shadow
I took
and upon myself did bestow.
His never fading glow.

Karunakaran Sivarasa

ஒரு மழைக்காலம்
தன்னுடைய போர்வையைத் தவற விட்ட கடவுள்
அதைத் தேடி எடுத்துத் தருமாறு கேட்டார்
அவருடைய குடையைக் கூட கை மறதியாய்
எங்கோ வைத்து விட்டதாகச் சொன்னார்
அதை நீங்கள் பறி கொடுத்து விட்டீர்கள் என்றேன்.
அது நான் களவாடியதே என்றார் கடவுள்.
ஒரு வெயிற் காலத்தில்
அவருடைய போர்வை மீட்டுக் கொடுத்தேன்
அவருடைய குடையில்
பூசினிச் செடி படர்ந்திருந்தது
புடலங்காய்கள் காய்த்துத் தொங்கின
பாம்புகளுக்கு அஞ்சி
மிகத் தொலைவுக்குச் சென்று விட்டதாகச் சொன்னார் கடவுள்.
பாம்புகள் என்னயலில் மிகச் சிறப்பாக வாழ்கின்றன என்றேன்.
பிறந்த நாள் பரிசாக தன்னுடைய நிழலைப் பரிசளித்தார் கடவுள்
அவருடைய மங்காத ஒளியை
நான் எடுத்து வைத்திருந்தேன்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE