INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, May 27, 2021

ATHMAJIV

 A POEM BY

ATHMAJIV

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

THE BUTTERFLY
WITH HUES DISSOLVED
Do you remember my name
Like a child I was circling your feet
Sticking your name on my forehead
You are the shadow of a mother
who threw away her child
for kicking her on the bosom
Your fingers had torn the wings of my hope.
The butterfly with hues dissolved
is sitting on ‘Erukkam Poo’
That I was drawing all beautiful dreams
on the flowing waters
I didn’t realize
It was only when the ships turned upside down
I could see that they were paper-dreams.
My heart is like the mother delivering a baby
with its head reversed
I play on
filling the squares
wondering whether my name is hiding
somewhere in your memory.

ஆத்மாஜீவ்
வர்ணங்கள் கரைந்த வண்ணத்துபூச்சி
நினைவில் இருக்கிறதா எனது பெயர்
ஒரு குழந்தையை போல உன்
கால்களை சுற்றிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்
உன் பெயரை என்
நெற்றியில் ஒட்டிக் கொண்டு
மாரில் உதைத்த குழந்தையை
வீசி எறிந்த ஒரு தாயின்
நிழல் நீ
என் நம்பிக்கையின் சிறகுகளை
முறித்து விட்டன உனது விரல்கள்
வர்ணங்கள் கரைந்த வண்ணத்துபூச்சி
எருக்கம்பூவில் அமர்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறது
அழகிய கனவுகளை வரைந்து கொண்டிருப்பது
சலசலத்துக் கொண்டிருந்த நீரின்மீது என
தெரியவே இல்லை எனக்கு
கப்பல்கள் கவிழ்ந்தபின்தான் புரிந்தது
எனது கனவுகள் எல்லாம் காகிதத்தில்
என்று
தலைதிரும்பிய குழந்தையை பிரசவிக்கும்
தாயின்நிலைபோல் இருக்கிறது இதயம்
கட்டங்களை நிரப்பி
விளையாடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
இப்போது எங்கேனும்
என் பெயர் ஒளிந்திருக்கிறதா
உன் நினைவில் என.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE