INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, July 26, 2020

VATHILAIPRABHA'S POEMS

TWO POEMS BY 
VATHILAIPRABHA
Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

1.THE PROCLAMATION OF A POET
                                          Of course, my poems 
do speak about me only.
Even the political ones.
It is my poems that
bear testimony to my Being
If my poems cause terrible assault
or thin lines of scratches
I am prepared to own responsibility.
My writing is not some soft kitten
to be placed on the lap and caress
My poems have sunken eyes and hapless ones
as their corpus.
I am man insane with beard unshaven.
A madcap ascending on the abnormality of
Life delirious and delivering poems.
Someone always trustworthy;
pouring a liquid at boiling point
as Poetry.
The temperature of volcanic eruption is
my poetry’s volume and dimension.
My poems are not untouchable
They are just not easily touchable
I am a poet stinging as a serpentine.
That my poetry is no Disclaimer
and that, it is for owning responsibility _
I hereby declare.

வதிலைபிரபாவின் கவிதை
என் கவிதைகள்
என்னைத்தான் பேசுகின்றன.
அரசியல் கவிதைகளும் கூட.
என் இருப்பை உணர்த்துவதும்
என் கவிதைதான்!
என் கவிதையால் பலத்த தாக்குதலோ,
வரிச் சிராய்ப்புகளோ ஏற்பட்டால்
அதற்கென பொறுப்பேற்கவும்
தயாராக உள்ளேன்!
பூனைக்குட்டியென மடியில் கிடத்தி
மெல்ல வருடும் வாஞ்சைமிகு எழுத்தல்ல
என் எழுத்து.
பஞ்சடைத்த விழிகளையும் பராரிகளையும்
கவிதையாக வடிக்கிறவன்.
தாடி மழிக்காத பைத்தியக்காரன்.
பித்துப்பிடித்த வாழ்வின் பித்தநிலை மீதேறி
கவிதை சொல்கிற பித்தன்.
எப்போதும் நம்பத் தகுந்தவன்.
ஒரு கொதி திரவத்தை கவிதையாகக் கொட்டுகிறவன்.
லாவாவின் வெப்பஅளவீடே
என் கவிதையின் அளவீடு.
என் கவிதைகள் தீண்டத்தகாதவை அல்ல
தீண்ட முடியாதவை!
சர்ப்பமெனத் தீண்டுகிற கவிதைக்காரன்.
பொறுப்புத்துறப்பு என் கவிதை ஆகாது.
பொறுப்பேற்கவே என் கவிதையென
இதனால்
சகலமானவருக்கும் அறிவிக்கப்படுகிறது.

2


He who went to bed carrying a huge dream


suddenly struggling to breathe _


he and his dream


ceased to be!


Allowing none to come anywhere near


they removed the dead body


taking it away in an ambulance.


The dream alone


taken note of by none


remains there decayed and rotten


with stinking memories.


VathilaiPraba

பெரும் கனவொன்றைச் சுமந்தபடி


படுக்கச் சென்றவனுக்கு


மூச்சுத் திணறல் ஏற்பட்டு


கனவோடு அவனும் மரித்துப் போனான்!


யாரும் நெருங்க முடியாதபடி


ஆம்புலன்ஸ் ஒன்றில் அந்தச் சடலத்தை


அப்புறப் படுத்தினர்.


யாரும் கண்டுகொள்ளப்படாத


அந்தக் கனவு மட்டும்


அங்கேயே அழுகிக் கிடக்கிறது


துர்நாற்ற நினைவுகளுடன்!
 — 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE