INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, July 26, 2020

KAVANUR SRINIVASAN'S POEM



A POEM BY 
KAVANUR SRINIVASAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
Within me
Absolutely no door.
But bolts galore.
None stirs inside
The heart is totally
desolate.
So still a silence prevails
Another silence is
So full of din and noise.
Walking ahead
and at my back
my shadow is thoroughly fatigued
treading distances too long.
Pain is indeed more
I am not bold enough
to crush me and throw away.
I have got used to go on breaking
and turning into smithereens.
Shouldn’t get caught
in anyone’s hands
Right in front of my eyes
I escape and run on.

காவனூர்.சீனிவாசன்
***********************
எனக்குள்
எந்தக் கதவுகளும் இல்லை
நிறைய
தாழ்ப்பாள்கள் உண்டு.
யாரும் நடமாட்டம்
இல்லை.
வெறிச்சோடிக் கிடக்கிறது
மனம்.
நிசப்தமாக இருக்கிறது
ஒரு மௌனம்.
இரைச்சலாக இருக்கிறது
ஒரு மௌனம்.
முன்னால் போவதும்
பின்னால் வருவதும்
கூடவே
ஏனோ அலைச்சல்
என் நிழலுக்கு.
வலி சற்று அதிகம் தான்
என்னை
கசக்கி எறியும் தைரியம்
எனக்கில்லை.
இடிந்து கொண்டே
நொறுங்க
பழகிவிட்டேன்
நான்.
யார் கையிலும்
சிக்கிவிடக் கூடாது

என் கண் முன்னே தான்
தப்பி ஓடுகிறேன் நான்
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE