INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, July 26, 2020

MALINI MALA'S POEM(1)



A POEM BY 
MALINI MALA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
Feeling suffocated.
The burden of masks worn on my countenance
by all and sundry
suiting their whims and fancies
weigh me down
with no way to raise my head
Struggling to breathe
deciding
not to bear with it anymore
I shed one by one
all those choking me and crushing me
as ill-sized attires of my face
In the wind that -
much like the breeze
caressing the serpentine wounded
and on the throes of death -
fans the face freed from
all sorts of sultry shrouds
I resurrect myself.
At this time when I free myself
from all kinds of inanimate Identities
and anxieties
such as
Possession
Prerogative
I feel the lightness of my soul at ease
much like the nudity of newborn baby.
Even now
all that I pray _
Please don’t allow anybody to approach me
with some mask or other.
Otherwise, to appease my soul’s wail
I would have no option left except
tearing off the face and throwing it away.
Malini Mala

மூச்சுத்திணறுகிறது.
அவரவர் வசதிக்கேற்ப
என் முகத்தில்
அணிவித்து வைத்த
முகமூடிகளின் பாரம்
தலையை நிமிர்த்த முடியாது
கீழ் நோக்கியழுத்துகிறது.
சுவாசக்காற்றுக்காய்
அல்லாடும் நிலையில்
இனியும் பொறுப்பதற்கில்லை.
என் முகத்தின்
அளவற்ற ஆடையென
இறுக்கிப் புழுங்கும்
அவற்றை
ஒவ்வொன்றாக
உதிர்க்கின்றேன்.
அடிபட்டு
கூற்றுயிரான சர்ப்பத்தின்
உடலைத்தீண்டும்
தென்றலென
மூடிகளின் இறுக்கமகன்ற
முகத்தில்
விசுறும் காற்றில்
என்னை
உயிர்ப்பிக்கின்றேன்.
உடமை என்பதாகவும்
உரிமை என்பதாகவும்
ஜடப்பொருளொன்றினையொத்த
அடையாளப்படுத்தல்களும்

அழுத்தங்களுமான
அனைத்திலுமிருந்தும்
என்னை உதிர்த்துக் கொள்ளும்
இந்நேரம்
புதிதாய் ஜனிக்கும் குழந்தையின்
நிர்வாணம் போல்
இயல்பாக இருக்கும்
என் ஆத்மாவின்
பாரமின்மையை
உணர்கிறேன்..
இப்போதும் கூட
என் வேண்டுதலெல்லாம்,
எவராவது
ஏதாவதொரு முகமூடியுடன்
என்னை நெருங்கிவிடாதீர்கள்.
பின்
என் ஆத்ம ஓலத்தை
ஆசுவாசப்படுத்த
முகத்தைப் பிடுங்கி
எறிவதல்லால்
வேறொன்றும் என்னால்
ஆகாதென்றாகி விடும்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE