INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, July 26, 2020

KUGAI MA.PUGAZHENDHI'S POEM

A POEM BY 
KUGAI MA.PUGAZHENDHI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)
I have almost arrived at the distance of
acquiring my appearance of the aged
Just as these trees shed leaves flowers fruits
all the way
I have sprayed words of such nature
from myself
Words
sprouting in a joyous quiver
blooming in an ecstatic stupor
and ripening in grand experience.
Reading those words
is to stand firmly fixed in that moment
in that point
sending roots deep down
Memories that roll and swirl the Time
forward and backward
float as the dark and light
that spread on words
Though none cares to observe
I brim in lines with words
in no way excess of my being
Nowadays
my lines just like me
with rays of light gleaming
sprouting from me
words
already grey-haired
with no hesitation whatsoever.

குகை மா.புகழேந்தி

நான்
என் வயதான தோற்றத்தை
அடைந்துவிடும் தூரத்திற்கு வந்துவிட்டேன்
வரும் வழிதோறும்
இந்த மரங்கள்
இலைகளை பூக்களை கனிகளை
உதிர்ப்பதைப்போல
என்னிலிருந்தும் அப்படியேயான
சொற்களை இரைத்துக்கொண்டே வந்திருக்கிறேன்
எல்லாம்
ஒரு சிலிர்ப்பில் துளிர்த்து
ஒரு மயக்கத்தில் மலர்ந்து
பெரும் அனுபவத்தில் கனிந்த சொற்கள்
அச்சொற்களை வாசிப்பதென்பது
அந்நொடியில் அப்புள்ளியில்
வேர்களை இறக்கியபடி நின்றுகொள்வதுதான்
காலத்தை முன்னும் பின்னுமாய்
சுழற்றிக் கொள்கிற நினைவுகள்
சொற்களின் மீதில் படரும்
இருளும் ஒளியுமாய் மிதக்கின்றன
யாரும் கண்டுகொள்ளாத போதும்
என் இருப்பை மீறி
ஒரு சொல்லும் மிகாத
வரிகளில் நிறைகிறேன் நான்
இப்போதெல்லாம்
என்னைப் போன்றதே
என் வரிகளும் என்பதாய்
ஒளிக் கீற்றுகள் பளீரிட
என்னிலிருந்து முளைக்கின்றன
முன்பே நரை முகிழ்த்த
சொற்கள்
சற்றும் தடுமாற்றமின்றி.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE